Member Array
    Car:
    vtack+non-vtak

Ksport kontrol on cl9

as title states, what do you think?
    ive been dealing with coilovers with my friends cars lately, making me wanna buy them as soon as my driveshafts are fixed.
    Im looking to use coilovers as they are simple to install, and adjustable. sure id like a better grip on the roads. but its not the issue as i dont plan on souping up a euro, i just want it to be a good cruiser, looks nice, and can be slightly fun occasionaly around corners fortnightly if that makes sense.
    all this time i have been thinking of just getting springs n shocks to lower and stiffen the ride a little bit, but coilovers have got me thinking differently now i think.

and i dont plan on forking out much more than 1 grand for a set of new suspension. (centrelink student semester payments on its way )

ive managed to source out ksport kontrol coilovers for under 1grand including shipping, but i was wondering if anyone here on ozhonda would share some experiences or words of wisdom regarding my purchasing descision

1. how long will coilovers on a relativly soft setting last me for inparticluar the ksport set? i mainly just want to lower my euro
    2. how much more uncomfortable of a ride are these coilovers going to put me through? on a soft setting, lets say 3 or 4 clicks from softest.
    3. i know coilovers will drop my cars height eitherway, but will it be still legally high? i mean i want to reach the borderline between legal and non-legal (reason being is because my driveway is very steep and also ive worked on a friends s13 and it has bc coils winding to the highest, and the car still is very low, only a 2 finger gap between the fender.)

i have a feeling this question may be noob, but before i make my first ever purchase on proper suspension, i was wondering if any other fellow accord euro owners have any advice, and also whether i should or not buy ksport coils.

help is appreciated in advance.
    thanks.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    You can get the some fun out of spring shock combo i think and even though they are 1k the coilovers which is good, I have read a few review on them on the US forums they dont mind them but they state it is pretty stiff compared to buddy clubs and teins. And not sure if you mind about full customisability but Koni and eibach combo are pretty good if you want basic dampening or you can get bilsteins if you dont mind.

Ride height isnt a problem with the spring shock you will get about 1.5" drop so will still be legal

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    R32 Skyline
    I always thought legal height was 100mm from the lowest point of your car to the road but also found this.

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/newsevents...9_carhoons.pdf

Member Array
    Car:
    accord
    Ksport are Krap. Look elsewhere. Way too stiff. Id recommend BC racing if on a budget.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    R32 Skyline
    Im pretty sure that the BC's would be more expensive than the k-sports. Is that a grand for new or second hand coilovers?

Member Array
    Car:
    accord
    Yes Bcs would be more expensive, but they are only about 1200 supplied locally with Aus warranty. The point is, you don't want to go for the absolute cheapest with coilovers. Don't cheap out on suspension. It is really a case of you get what you pay for.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    あな
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Yes Bcs would be more expensive, but they are only about 1200 supplied locally with Aus warranty. The point is, you don't want to go for the absolute cheapest with coilovers. Don't cheap out on suspension. It is really a case of you get what you pay for.
    i don't mean to hijack this thread, but where can i nab some bc racing coilovers for $1200~!