Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    I used common sense to form it. I'm sorry for wasting your time.
    part time potato

Why do you want to preload the spring to the max setting?

Member Array
    Car:
    1999 s2000
    I don't want to, but because my car is too lowered and my offset is slightly too low (sits flush with the fenders) and I don't have the time to raise it up a bit yet, I keep bottoming out around corners with bumps... so I've set them on hardest for the mean time and that has stopped it from wrecking the tyres and underliner. In terms of comfort, it's still fine for me, but I don't want the coils to blow or leak because I'm driving on rougher (public roads) more regularly with hardest preload.

That's where the confusion is.

Pre-load refers to compressing the spring to beyond the rest position so there is constant load, the spring is constantly compressed.

What you're talking about is turning the damper to max stiffness, which i think is perfectly fine.

It's not a silly question.

If you were asking about the spring then its definitely silly

lol

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    It will CONTRIBUTE to quicker wear on seals if you drive on a constantly shit road. Because it tightens an area inside where the shock fluid goes from one area to the next hence higher pressures. Coupled with a higher spring rate to push the shock back out from damped position after hitting a bump, if the shit road was able to actually make your shock dampen as opposed to your car stiffly bouncing... That repetion is bad.... If that all makes sense?

The only damage ive seen was NOT on a honda.... Where the sussy bolts onto the chassis the area had cracked. But this was a combination of spring/damp rate and ride height

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow96GSR
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    Oh yeah bludgers right.. Its not pre-load

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow96GSR
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.