Car takes longer to start when filling new fuel?

Does anybody know what this could be? i think it only started recently in the past month.

i filled up today when the car was low on fuel, the light wasn't on yet but I think it would've come on in the next 30ks max.

always filled up on permium 98.
    either shell or BP.

Car is a DC2R.

any idea what it could be. sometimes the car will start up instantly full of life. and other times it will start up a bit sluggish.

has always started up first go though, should I be worried?
    Also dizzy was replaced in the last 5000kms
    not a brand new one, but Honda sourced it and fitted it.
    Last edited by KC.; 23-02-2011 at 10:20 PM.
    NHB DC2R

Sounds like its your starter motor buddy. Go down to your nearest mecho and get them to test it out

Or could be that your injectors need a clean, crap battery, spark plugs. When was the last time you had a service?
    DEEFUFF 4LYF

I changed the oil 4000 ago. Will get a minor service done soon. Are keihin the stock dc2r injectors? I'm looking to replace them soon with 310cc rc injectors. Battery is new. Got it in 4000kms ago. Will get the mech to check all that when I get it service next
    NHB DC2R

Also car started perfectly this
    Morning... seen it happen
    Most when I fill up my fuel when it is low..
    NHB DC2R

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    Maybe its just heat soak. You drive, stop, fill up, then try and start again after a couple of minutes. Air in intake is now hot. Engine does not like it and after a couple of seconds gets some cool air again and fires up.

Starts fine in the morning cause air is cool.
    Deano.

Hopefully that is it. I will have the mech look at it next service (the starter motor). Btw can u reply back to my pm DL001 . Thinking of buying them soon
    NHB DC2R

can someone answer my question please

Are keihin injectors the stock ones that come on a type R or are they aftermarket..??

also.. I thikn this problem only happens when filling up.. so not sure if it is heatsoak... but it's not a big problem yet..
    NHB DC2R

^^ someone correct me if im wrong but im quite certain keihin are aftermarket injectors, ive heard good things about them.
    Isnt the standard injectors 240cc? If your upgrading to 310cc you might need plugs/connectors swapped. Id just keep it standard though mate, 310cc are good at mid range rpm but drop off at high rpm, whereas the stock are better for higher rpm. Maybe if you went turbo i'd consider it.
    DEEFUFF 4LYF

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremydawg View Post
    ^^ someone correct me if im wrong but im quite certain keihin are aftermarket injectors, ive heard good things about them.
    Isnt the standard injectors 240cc? If your upgrading to 310cc you might need plugs/connectors swapped. Id just keep it standard though mate, 310cc are good at mid range rpm but drop off at high rpm, whereas the stock are better for higher rpm. Maybe if you went turbo i'd consider it.
    doesnt matter how big the injectors are, its all down to how the ecu controls the injectors, the amount of spray an timing of it.... larger injectors just means more of a larger volume that can be injected correct if im wrong as well lol

My guess its the fuel filter... newer fuel could have residue left over, meaning it might be clogged or when ever u fill up, the residue from the bottom of the tank is sloshed around from the new fuel, making its way into the filter, causing blockage?

Could also be the fuel pump, or either ur not letting the car prime so it takes bit longer so the lines have more pressure
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC