Wheel steering and bird dropping issues. Help!

Hi guys. I have 2011 euro luxury auto which i bought in May 2010. And I drived 10,000 on it. Now i have two issues if you can help.
    1. when the gear is D and car is idle(waiting for traffic lights, etc), I could feel wheel steering vibrating. It is not that obvious but when i put my hands on steer, i could feel it. Wondering if any of you have this problem? Or it is normal. If you can pay attention when you drive and post your feedback, that will be great!

2. There was a bird dropping on the boot. But when I got rid of the dropping, it has already damaged the clear. I took it to the car detailer, but he can't remove it. Any ideas?

Cheers.

Member Array
    Car:
    Public Transport / Foot
    small vibration caused by putting gear in D is normal.

Thanks felixd.

I picked up this issue because when i drive my gf's mazda 2, its so smooth all the time when gear is on D. It seems that the engine is not started, but its actually on. While on my euro, i could easily tell the engine is on coz the steer is vibrating.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by tbim View Post
    Hi guys. I have 2011 euro luxury auto which i bought in May 2010. And I drived 10,000 on it. Now i have two issues if you can help.
    1. when the gear is D and car is idle(waiting for traffic lights, etc), I could feel wheel steering vibrating. It is not that obvious but when i put my hands on steer, i could feel it. Wondering if any of you have this problem? Or it is normal. If you can pay attention when you drive and post your feedback, that will be great!

2. There was a bird dropping on the boot. But when I got rid of the dropping, it has already damaged the clear. I took it to the car detailer, but he can't remove it. Any ideas?

Cheers.
    Since your car is brand new, I'd seriously doubt you have a damaged gearbox/engine mount. Still, take it to Honda for some peace of mind. It sounds pretty normal.

Regarding the paint, It's very common for Honda paint to be damaged by bird droppings, even if it's only been on the paint for a couple of hours with some minor sun. It's pretty poor IMO. The best thing you could is get a professional detailer (Final Inspection if in Melb) to wet sand the area. But, no guarantee it will be removed.

Member Array
    Car:
    2004 Honda Accord Euro
    ummm for the dropppings get meguires premium compound
    heres a link
    http://www.meguiarsdirect.com/detail/MEG+G17216

i used on mine and omg it was awesome and a plus is mines black so yeh
    its the shit...

and it that fails ...clay bars work wonders too
    Last edited by BraXta; 04-03-2011 at 12:14 PM.
    BraXtas Ride

List of parts added
    - Exhaust system - Custom CAI setup - K&N Air Filter - Rockford Fosgate Speaker setup with punch 2 Subs - J's Racing Front Strut bar

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro Luxury 6MT
    Quote Originally Posted by BraXta View Post
    ummm for the dropppings get meguires premium compound
    heres a link
    http://www.meguiarsdirect.com/detail/MEG+G17216

i used on mine and omg it was awesome and a plus is mines black so yeh
    its the shit...

and it that fails ...clay bars work wonders too
    Clay bar won't do much except microscratch the area. Clay bar is only good if there are bonded surface contaminants. Bird dropping damage is acid damage etched into the paint.

You can try Meguiars ultimate compound, or ScratchX 2, but you could be there for a long time trying to polish it out depending on the damage, and you are likely to leave polishing marks behind like swirls and holograms. Honda clear coat is very soft and sticky, so requires care to polish by hand or with a machine.

I can echo above, if you are lucky enough to be in Melbourne, try Final Inspection. But depending how bad the burn is, it might not be possible to get rid of it entirely.

- HZ

Quote Originally Posted by tknova View Post
    Since your car is brand new, I'd seriously doubt you have a damaged gearbox/engine mount. Still, take it to Honda for some peace of mind. It sounds pretty normal.

Regarding the paint, It's very common for Honda paint to be damaged by bird droppings, even if it's only been on the paint for a couple of hours with some minor sun. It's pretty poor IMO. The best thing you could is get a professional detailer (Final Inspection if in Melb) to wet sand the area. But, no guarantee it will be removed.
    Thanks, dude. I will ring them later to see if they can have a check.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterZero View Post
    Clay bar won't do much except microscratch the area. Clay bar is only good if there are bonded surface contaminants. Bird dropping damage is acid damage etched into the paint.

You can try Meguiars ultimate compound, or ScratchX 2, but you could be there for a long time trying to polish it out depending on the damage, and you are likely to leave polishing marks behind like swirls and holograms. Honda clear coat is very soft and sticky, so requires care to polish by hand or with a machine.

I can echo above, if you are lucky enough to be in Melbourne, try Final Inspection. But depending how bad the burn is, it might not be possible to get rid of it entirely.

- HZ
    I went to a car detailer around my office called "VIP" car care last month, and they guy can not remove it. Maybe i need to try Final Inspection as every one recommand.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterZero View Post

- HZ
    I am so frustrated of Honda soft paints. Anyway, I will give it a try with the one u recommanded.