Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000

ABS problem and engine ticking.

Hey guys. Today I was overtaking a car off the lights. The road was bumpy, more wavy actually, so caused the car to sort of get into a bouncing rhythm and sort of caused it to strain then ease, strain then ease a couple of times. I was in vtec at this stage. After that my abs light came on. I turned the car off and let it rest then went I started and took off a ticking noise linear to speed appeared. Can anybody help me out on what the problem is. Cheers.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    Woop diff just went out the door.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    Tramp is probably the worse thing for your driveline, as this places shockload to virtually every driveline component. And in our cars, driveshafts and differentials being the weak point, well i guess you learn that the hard way. Is your ticking engine speed or road going speed related?
    CHEAP--FAST--RELIABLE = PICK ANY TWO

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    Yea bro. It was speed related. Now waiting for nrma. Any suggestions on reasonably priced mechanics specializing in these cars.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    just go to honda. if you call around you get a good deal. i got a full 120k service from honda (which is one of their biggest services) did it for $1200.

Member Array
    Car:
    shooting star
    ticking is common when the lifters are gone. usually people just buy ap2 lifters when the ap1 one goes.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    Quote Originally Posted by Samm928 View Post
    ticking is common when the lifters are gone. usually people just buy ap2 lifters when the ap1 one goes.
    Haha.... where did you get that info from??? Lifters were never seen in any F series motor. Perhaps your thinking of valve clearance adjustment, no need to replace anything when these are adjusted, good practice to have them checked and adjusted every 40k.
    CHEAP--FAST--RELIABLE = PICK ANY TWO