Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux

Got into an accident

Hey guys just got into an accident today whilst turning right into the driveway of a car wash, whilst turning i was hit in the rear passenger side of my car, thus causing me to lose control and the front hit a pole, accident was pretty serious and im wondering if it is my fault, as i was turning right into traffic, but when i looked before i turned i didnt see any cars and i heard the driver say he didnt see me and he didnt brake, but from what i hear its most likely my fault but i just want to know if there is any chance its not my fault?

Secondly my car is insured for full comprehensive, but for market value, and i have aftermarket parts such a CAI, rim+tyres,coilovers,camber kit which are still in good condition after the accident and i never told nrma about installing those parts, i have the original parts so can i get those parts back by giving nrma the originals? Thanks for any help.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Turning right into a driveway.
    You are at fault, insurance wont even bother with arguing liability on this one, it's pointless.

Secondly my car is insured for full comprehensive, but for market value, and i have aftermarket parts such a CAI, rim+tyres,coilovers,camber kit which are still in good condition after the accident and i never told nrma about installing those parts, i have the original parts so can i get those parts back by giving nrma the originals? Thanks for any help.
    Give insurance the origional parts.... as they wont pay for the mods if you had not told them beforehand (so they wont pay you the extra money for things you didnt pay them extra to insure in the first place), so you might as well take it home and sell them here on the forum.
    Last edited by Fredoops; 02-03-2011 at 06:15 PM.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    R32 Skyline
    You are at fault as you had to give way at that driveway. I'd be worried about those modified parts that you haven't told your insurance about as they may not pay you since you haven't told them about them.

Member Array
    Car:
    GTI /Tiguan/CU2
    where did the other vehicle come from? oncoming traffic? then hit your rear left hand side on the door area?

did you get a police to come? witness?

anyway, when I had an accident in August 2010, I had not told AAMI about my mods beforehand. But I was insured at agreed value of $29500.

My mods incl Enkei PF01 and Conti rubber, BuddyClub N+, etc... total was around $7000.

Cut long story short, all details here:
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...3-Good-Bye-CL9....
    It was the other party's fault. They did repair quote and it was $23k to repair, so it was written off instead and they paid me the agreed value. Market value of the car in similar conditions at that time was $20-$23k, so it worked out like as if I had sold the car for top market value + mods costs.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    Hey guys thanks for the replies, car is pretty much 100% written off and it most likely is me at fault, so nothing so say about that, but what i want the most atm is to swap my original parts for my mods, how would i go about doing that? My car is insured for market value which was really silly and stupid of me, sigh, hope everything goes well. Will keep u guys updated.

Mods include Modulo Voltage front bar (gone), Tein monoflex, 18" Work VS-XX, Injen CAI, Camber kit, project kics nuts.

Member Array
    Car:
    GTI /Tiguan/CU2
    then you should at least swap the wheels and nuts asap.

or is the car already at the insurance company assessment centre?

the tein... if you can arrange for a mechanic to swap them then do it asap.

do it before they do valuation, else it would be PITA to get them later on.

i had to argue with AAMI that the cuzco strut bar and project kics nuts were not included in the policy because they said they had valued the scrap based on what ever was there. luckily they let me go with the kics, had to come to the assessment centre and swap them with stock nuts myself.

Member Array
    Car:
    GTI /Tiguan/CU2
    i am currently with NRMA and have plan to put on Wedssport SA-60M + Bilstein PSS10 soon, so i will update my policy's agreed value to include those mods as these alone are worth 20% of the new car's value.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    After the accident the car was taken by NRMA to smithfield, not sure if its at an assessment centre, it happened yesterday, so ill try get it done asap today. Thanks for the help. Cheers.

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    Not sure if it was your fault,as if you were hit in the back whilst waiting to turn,it is the drivers fault who turned into you...........

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro Luxury 6MT
    Sucks dude. Hope it works out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by antony View Post
    Not sure if it was your fault,as if you were hit in the back whilst waiting to turn,it is the drivers fault who turned into you...........
    It sounds like he turned right into oncoming traffic, and an oncoming car hit him in the rear left door, not in the rear?

- HZ

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    Not sure,because he says his car was hit in the rear...not rear passenger door.

Its all a little bit vague ???

I would like to see pictures........

he got hit on the side, t-boned by oncoming traffic, but it was more to the rear

i reckon the other guy was speeding for sure, he overheard the conversation between the police, and the guys goes "i didn't see him"... da ****
    FS: BMW E60 04' 530i