Quote Originally Posted by crazy.ivan View Post
Why is the D16Y8 better than the Y1? From what I can see, the Y1 is also a SOHC V-TEC, has more power (2hp lol), more revs and a lower V-TEC switch-over... To me, it sounds like a better engine. As for the B series, I want to build a D for a few reasons. Mostly small budget, but as mugen_ctr said, a Turbo D is a little bit less common and sets me apart from the crowd, even if that means my maximum power is capped (but a bottomless budget could make a D series turbo as much of a monster as anything else :P).

I will do my research on turbos, thanks for the heads up. There is always the possibility of forged internals in this D16, depending on what cash I have at hand. I will most likely upgrade the pistons, rods, camshaft etc, but I don't think I will be sleeving it or anything. If I do, 250kW will prob be my goal. Otherwise, I will be satisfied with 130kW... That would still be an awesome sleeper civic
Newer motor. seen heeps a d turbo's mate run the d series he spent something like 20k on it and then piston through the oil sump.. somthin like 15pounds and this was properly built motor from the USA.