Thread: B16a - B18c

B16a - B18c

My mate is thinking of buying a Eg with a B16a and wanting to convert it over to a B18c....
    Whats needed, and how much work is involed?

If the eg already has b-series engine in it. This makes life ALOT easier already. The new motor b18 will use the existing engine mounts from the b16a and loom but engine will sit a little higher. You will need a matching ECU or aftermarket ECU and lots more.. basically not much work needed.. and most of the cost will depend on how much you buy your engine for and if your going to convert it yourself or pay for labor.
    - Its not what you drive. Its what drives you.

why doesnt ur mate just save the hassle and buy an eg with a b18c already.he must love the headache and work

^lolol
    - Its not what you drive. Its what drives you.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    probably cause building a car is an adventure with lots of ups and downs but in the end you feel great because YOU made it.

buying somebody else's modified car doesn't feel the same.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

well said 'super-da9'

Member Array
    Car:
    ekb18c,jazz,eg5
    wont need much. just a straight swap as david vtec said just gonna need ecu. this can be all done in a day. if you had dedication and time lol :]
    ..OzHonda Spam Crew..

..We Welcome You Abourd!..

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R>AH>EK>DC2
    I'd go with what everyone else has said.

It's simple and can easily be done in a day, it only drags out when you don't have EVERYTHING required, which in this case there shouldn't be any excuses.

If your mate wants to save he can use the B16 gearbox, therefore only needs to get engine and ECU.
    SPAMMAPS
    Carburettor|Nation

that mikey G guy is the biggest shit talker ive ever met..
    in the space of 15minutes he sold two sets of wheels. claims a guy under the username DNT-CRY bought them!

Member Array
    Car:
    ekb18c,jazz,eg5
    and im pretty sure its been covered somewhere anyways lol
    ..OzHonda Spam Crew..

so no need to change wires? just unplug everything from the b16 and plug it into the b18?

Member Array
    Car:
    ekb18c,jazz,eg5
    pretty much. just make sure for the b18c you connect the knock sensor might have to make a plug for it if your current b16a dont have one.
    ..OzHonda Spam Crew..

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R>AH>EK>DC2
    Assuming it's an OBD2 B16 you'll be fine.
    SPAMMAPS
    Carburettor|Nation

that mikey G guy is the biggest shit talker ive ever met..
    in the space of 15minutes he sold two sets of wheels. claims a guy under the username DNT-CRY bought them!