Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]

Post Honda premiers NEW 6-spd Sequential SportShift automatic in Acura TL

Hot off press from Genova

Source: Carscoop

2012 Acura TL Refreshment Brings Toned Down Shield-Grille and New 6-Speed Auto
    The facelifted Acura TL made its world premiere today at the Chicago Auto Show. The 2012 model year brings a fresh look for the front and rear ends of the mid-size sedan along with a new Sequential SportShift 6-speed automatic transmission and equipment upgrades.

The first thing you'll notice on the 2012 Acura TL is of course the revamped front end. While Acura did not totally eliminate the shield-grille, it did soften down the design making it look less gaudy. The updated headlamps and a revised front bumper with new fog light designs that led to a shorter front overhang round off the changes up front.

At the rear, there's a new bumper incorporating a repositioned license plate opening and smaller rear reflectors, while updated taillights, new exhaust tips and a thinner rear trunk edge trim complete the look.

Under the skin, the 2012 TL gets a new Sequential SportShift 6-speed automatic while keeping the same engine lineup that includes a 280HP V6 for the front-wheel drive model and a 305HP V6 for the Super Handling All-Wheel Drive versions. According to Acura, the new transmission along with some other improvements help increase the FWD model's fuel economy by 3mpg on the highway, from 26mpg to 29mpg.

Other notable upgrades for 2012 include the new 60GB hard disk drive based Navigation system with a brighter monitor, and a new Advance Package that incorporates all-new ventilated front seats along with a new blind spot information (BSI) system that alerts the driver of other vehicles that are in close proximity.
    About damn time...
    Last edited by wynode; 12-03-2011 at 12:52 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    source?

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by defect View Post
    source?
    http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2011/02...ngs-toned.html

You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    i suppose the releveance of this new gearbox is how it measures up to the benchmark in the industry in the DSG systems now offered by the likes of VW...

No point in them having a "sportshift" transmission if it offers no benefit over shifting through the gears in a traditional gearbox... im tlaking about computer intervention in shifting etc etc... if its a true driver controlled setup then thats great
    - not removed by choice! - waiting for the next update to the saga
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/profile...=ignore&u=6316

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    I guess Honda have to come up with something to keep their lineup interesting... They are really cornered in terms of product offerings. Considering VW is planning to launch the new Jetta at Mazda 6 prices (under 30k). With dsg, and those highly efficient TSI and TDI engines... And it using less fuel than a civic.

Even BMW is going at it. The new X3 v6 petrol wih almost 200kw of power uses less fuel in the city than my 4 cylinder Accord euro, thanks to stoP start. Even the diesel mini has stop start these days.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Euro Luxury 09 Auto
    yeh but i would never buy a jetta cause its so freaken ugly and i dont need an suv. the euro may use more fuel but i get more enjoyment out of it and it vets 9l/100km and thats amazing enough for me

would you try to showoff in a x3? i think not

frankly im glad less ppl go for the euro. has a better effect when im driving down the road and im totally unique and head turning
    ホンダ・アコード ・ユーロ

^ Yeah.... totally!
    DLUG Racing