Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5-S

Fuel filter for DC5S

Hi, According to my service manual I need a fuel filter, Ive read my owner manual and it says:

"Replace fuel filter every 40,000KM (Except Australia and New Zealand)"

So why not Aus and NZ?
    Do i not have to replace my fuel filter at all?

Honda want to charge over $ 380 for a service with fuel filter. Which I think is crap.

So whats the deal?

Thanks!!

Member Array
    Suzuka Circuit "Spoon corner", Fuji Speedway "100R Corner"
    Car:
    DC2R & R32 GT-R
    Hi, get your fuel pressure tested first. Filter should only be replaced when pressure drops a specified value of 320-370kpa (46-54psi)
    $380!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, id tell Honda dealer/mechanics to shove it up there (glad this place isnt affiliated with H & HA) . i think thats a load of crap as well, you can replace a fuel filter in 3 or 4 easy steps
    "Stock Car, Modified Driver"

Member Array
    Car:
    370Z/DC5
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanych View Post
    Hi, According to my service manual I need a fuel filter, Ive read my owner manual and it says:

"Replace fuel filter every 40,000KM (Except Australia and New Zealand)"

So why not Aus and NZ?
    Do i not have to replace my fuel filter at all?

Honda want to charge over $ 380 for a service with fuel filter. Which I think is crap.

So whats the deal?

Thanks!!
    Depends what else they are going to do in the service, is it just a general service with filters and oil so to speak? or are you having other stuff done? $380 is outragious if they are only changing the fuel filter and doing the general oil change and filter changes IMO.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Usually it is a 80,000km interval for replacing the fuel filter. The quality of fuel here could be a bit better than overseas.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5-S
    Quote Originally Posted by Oz_Striker View Post
    Depends what else they are going to do in the service, is it just a general service with filters and oil so to speak? or are you having other stuff done? $380 is outragious if they are only changing the fuel filter and doing the general oil change and filter changes IMO.
    oil (which I supply Mobil 1 5-30) oil filter, fuel filter. thats it!

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    DC5 does not use a regular fuel filter like the previous integras. and no its not 3 - 4 simple steps to replace either

fuel filter is in the fuel tank, its part of the fuel pump holder assembly and is ment to be replaced every 80,000km
    Last edited by ECU-MAN; 08-03-2011 at 03:10 PM.

^^^ well said, i have done quite a few of these now and not as simple as the older under bonnet style!! The Filter itself is not cheap either, but i think $380 is a bit rich especially when you are supplying your own oil. You could even attempt at doing it yourself, just make sure you have a good look at the assembly before pulling it apart. I have to do my brothers DC5S soon so i will take some pictures and post them up on the DIY section.

With the fuel filter... don't the rear seats have to be removed aswell from memory? lol..

Quote Originally Posted by WATAJK View Post
    With the fuel filter... don't the rear seats have to be removed aswell from memory? lol..
    Yeah mate sure do!! Most of the k series hondas need a speacial tool to remove the plastic nut that seals the filter/pump assembly to the tank. The accord euro doesnt, just has 8mm bolts that holds it in, much easier. Because puting that plastic nut back on is a pain!!
    Last edited by Mattski_VTIR; 09-03-2011 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattski_VTIR View Post
    Yeah mate sure do!! Most of the k series hondas need a speacial tool to remove the plastic nut that seals the filter/pump assembly to the tank. The accord euro doesnt, just has 8m bolts that holds it in, much easier. Because puting that plastic nut back on is a pain!!
    I thought so, so obviously the comment below this is obviously incorrect... Doesn't amaze me.

Quote Originally Posted by EVLGTR View Post
    Hi, get your fuel pressure tested first. Filter should only be replaced when pressure drops a specified value of 320-370kpa (46-54psi)
    $380!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, id tell Honda dealer/mechanics to shove it up there (glad this place isnt affiliated with H & HA) . i think thats a load of crap as well, you can replace a fuel filter in 3 or 4 easy steps

Member Array
    Suzuka Circuit "Spoon corner", Fuji Speedway "100R Corner"
    Car:
    DC2R & R32 GT-R
    Quote Originally Posted by WATAJK View Post
    I thought so, so obviously the comment below this is obviously incorrect... Doesn't amaze me.
    I happen to remove the fuel filter of my mates dc5s. removing the seats, accessing the panel and unlocking the locknut it just an easy step which you probably couldnt do & have to get your "auto electrician" to do that LOL... fuel filter is part of the fuel pump. once you open the lock nut, you're staring down at a fuel filter and remove that in order and re-install it in a reverse order (these are simple steps, for me that is)....which as usual i wouldnt be amaze if noobs like you couldnt do.

Once again, youve outdone yourself mate, i just dont know why you keep bumping my replies. if you dont hv much to say i suggest you stfu
    "Stock Car, Modified Driver"

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5 TypeR
    Quote Originally Posted by EVLGTR View Post
    I happen to remove the fuel filter of my mates dc5s. removing the seats, accessing the panel and unlocking the locknut it just an easy step which you probably couldnt do & have to get your "auto electrician" to do that LOL... fuel filter is part of the fuel pump. once you open the lock nut, you're staring down at a fuel filter and remove that in order and re-install it in a reverse order (these are simple steps, for me that is)....which as usual i wouldnt be amaze if noobs like you couldnt do.

Once again, youve outdone yourself mate, i just dont know why you keep bumping my replies. if you dont hv much to say i suggest you stfu
    EVLGTR is correct about how to replace dc5 fuel filter. it is under the seat. in the fuel tank. there is a big plastic lock nut u should be able to unlock by hand after remove the cover on top first. i did it myself and thought it was quite easy if u disconnect and connect everything else the way it origionally was. the fuel filter cost me $110 from honda. It was a bit of a pain in the arse because i did it at night but as long as u track back its pretty easy