Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Hill climbs

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R Series 2
    Hey! Yeah Mt Panorama hillclimb just called the Esses - a run from the start of Conrod Straight up the wrong way to Skyline on top of the mountain. 750 metres long, 88 metres up! Still trying to justify 17 hour round trip for just 4 or 5 mins hard driving though! Starting to talk myself out of it now I think! There must be 15 hillclimb courses between the Mid North Coast and Bathurst!
    iijjee
    Turbos Torque... VTEC Speaks!

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Ah gotcha mate!

Yeah,that's a lotta effort for little reward.

BUT,I do know about your Wakefield effort

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R Series 2
    Yeah, that was epic enough! Maybe I should go back there when I can afford some rear semis and with the better susp setup I might drop some real time around there - especially if it's not a stinking hot day!

One day!

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Sounds good!

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda powered daihatsu
    Buladelah hillclimb towards the end of september.
    Think I will enter this.
    http://myalllakesmotorsportsclub.jigsy.com/
    If you build it, he will come.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R Series 2
    Got any track maps for Bulahdelah, dai-16t??? Found the website but no info about track length, etc.
    iijjee

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R Series 2
    Just checked out your build thread! I'd come just to see this thing run! My car is really the antithesis of yours! Plop in a bigger donk and change the bits that make it get the power to the ground and leave the rest as it was! Your car is more - peel back everything to it's bare minimum and pick the most uncomplicated, high class, reliable and aesthetically correct solution to reach the ultimate iteration of its kind! You must be pretty excited to see it running the way it was designed to. What tyres are charged with the responsibility of getting all that power to the ground?!? You should have entered Superlap! What H car fanatic wouldn't want to get a gawk at this beast! Have you tracked it anywhere yet?
    iijjee

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda powered daihatsu
    Thanks for the good words iijjee. Yes am happy it is running. It is actually having the boost control better set up as I type this. Multi postion knob with three setings, wet/road/ideal.
    Tyres at the moment are dunlop full slicks(200/580/15) which are a circuit tyre but I am hunting down a super soft in a size that will fit the car for hill climbs. Any ideas?

Um it has only been to the track once for a shake down(wakefield). That was really just a shake down. After a build like that there were some things that had to be rectified. Front splitter needed some rods(done), modified boost control(done), better rear end set up(kinda done), slight temp issue when comming off track(done) etc.

It was un-timed testing and even if there were times they would demonatrate the cars potential as speeds could not go over 130k's due to the splitter eating the tarmac lol.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda powered daihatsu
    r.e superlap....not enough track time to set the car up and also entries were filled up in four hours. That is what i had heard. Next year I would not mind to try it.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R Series 2
    I'm not the right person to give tyre advice for slick tyres. If it was semi's I'd suggest the Dunlops or Advans like mine - or even the Hankooks that seem to have cleaned up this yr at Superlap. Need a circuit racer for that kind of knowledge! Power to weight wise I can't see why you could get your car into the 1:05 range at WP. Even better if you drive as well as you vision!
    iijjee

Member Array
    Car:
    Vibe-S & EG9
    I took the baby seat out of the car and went up to 'Haunted Hills' on Sunday, did the figure 8 circuit for the first time.

Tyres weren't ideal for the conditions... 3 year old semi slicks, a little on the worn side.

Quote Originally Posted by EG9 View Post
    I took the baby seat out of the car and went up to 'Haunted Hills' on Sunday, did the figure 8 circuit for the first time.

Tyres weren't ideal for the conditions... 3 year old semi slicks, a little on the worn side.

omg full eg9 interior? u are my hero.
    WP PB 1:15:03