Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Hill climbs

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R Series 2
    Heading to Mountainview next month - 14/8. Also planning to do Mt Panorama on the 28th! If I can get there and back on Sunday!!!

Might try leaving my rear sway off when I finally get to fit these coils! I don't want to be 'drifting' up the hill!

Member Array
    Car:
    '98 DC4 [B-74P]
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukey View Post
    anyone going to haunted hills on sunday?
    Why Sunday? I take Haunted Hills to and from work every day =D
    I know the track you speak of, itching to get out there for a day myself.

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    Quote Originally Posted by cph3r View Post
    Why Sunday? I take Haunted Hills to and from work every day =D
    I know the track you speak of, itching to get out there for a day myself.
    tracks known as haunted hills, and there was a race day on that weekend i posted and wanted to see if anyone was going

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Member Array
    Car:
    crx
    Quote Originally Posted by intacivic16v View Post
    Did you race on the weekend at kempsy iijjee? I'm thinking of entering the next state event at ringwood park at the end of the month, I should have done kempsy, but I realised it was on to late.. Haha
    Hey
    i aminterest catch up at ringwood park hill climb ask some questions and see how honda's go doing hill climbing
    i am thinking of focus on build a hill climb ed9 crx over track car as most events in NSW state series are in Newcastle area conpaired to down south

Thanks
    pat
    If you see a good Technical post giving advice give some postive rep

Member Array
    Car:
    EF Civic track car
    hey mate looks like I won't be doing many more hill climbs this year, looks like I will be competing in the final 2 rounds of the improved production circuit racing series. Before you do to much to your crx check the legal regulations for the class you want to enter. If you ever want to enter a state round you will need a log book and last time I checked with the log book guys you can't log book a crx in the Improved production class because it was sold in auatralia as a 2seater. If you just want to enter local stuff your all good, but if you break any records they usually won't count, (that had happened to me a few times, that'd why I have log booked the car now. Crx's are a great base to work with. The wheel base is a100mm shorter than the civic hatch of the same year. Which means the car will tend to slide into a corner a little when set up right, which then allows for a earlier acceleration point and greater corner exit speed. When I changed from acrx to civic hatch it took more than a year of set up to get the hatch quicker, that was with issuing everything swapped from the crx shell. Man send me a message If you want I'm happy to help if I can, the more competitive hondas the better

QUOTE=pat88c;3051360]Hey
    i aminterest catch up at ringwood park hill climb ask some questions and see how honda's go doing hill climbing
    i am thinking of focus on build a hill climb ed9 crx over track car as most events in NSW state series are in Newcastle area conpaired to down south

Thanks
    pat[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by intacivic16v; 19-07-2011 at 10:45 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EF Civic track car
    Quote Originally Posted by iijjee View Post
    Heading to Mountainview next month - 14/8. Also planning to do Mt Panorama on the 28th! If I can get there and back on Sunday!!!

Might try leaving my rear sway off when I finally get to fit these coils! I don't want to be 'drifting' up the hill!

Rear sway bar off for sure, and lower your rear tyre's to 27, 28 psi, sorry ian looks like I won't make that meeting.

Member Array
    Car:
    EF Civic track car
    By the way I found some awsome cameras the other day, i'll buy some soon and put up some footage. If I make a bulk order i'll let you guys know

Member Array
    Car:
    crx
    that something i didn't know about the crx and another reason to go over to ed civic

i was improved production circuit and found that the crx wasn't legal as it two seater and the state hill climb is base off similar rules

Where would be best place to find the rules for NSW state series regulations? EDIT found page
    as at the moment i still in early days of change improving the car, i could very easily change to ed civic shell if need

thanks for information too
    pat

Edit Just had quick look over the regulations i can run my crx in Road registered Non logbooked cars Under 2500
    But that will limit me in what i ant to do long term
    As per this link
    http://www.cams.com.au/en/States/NSW...gulations.ashx

Would you think it better to start off in a ED civic hatch shell than keep play with ed9 crx?
    As it opens me up to race in improve Production Sports if i choose to try something different long term
    Last edited by pat88c; 19-07-2011 at 11:14 PM.
    If you see a good Technical post giving advice give some postive rep

Member Array
    Car:
    EF Civic track car
    Man you should be able to run your car in improved production road registered 0-1600 if they run that class our up to 2000. The strange thing is my old crx was log booked as a road registered car. But the guys are now saying that it shouldn't have been allowed in. I honestly believe that my crx was a much quicker car than what I have now. If I had of put the same time into the crx I'm sure it would have smashed the civic. But then you would be limited by what you can race in later. A mate of mine has just through all that with a crx, he has decided to sell the car now and build a corolla.

Member Array
    Car:
    EF Civic track car
    was just searching through some old grafton times. The year after the crx got destroyed and the 88 civic wasn't ready yet I needed to drive in the first meeting for that year for championship reasons and I ran my stock 1995 sohc vti civic I ended up putting my coilovers in and running with old semi slicks and got a 55.35 in the under 2L racecar class.lol thing I ened up getting 6th out of 10 as well

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R Series 2
    That's not a bad time. Are you sure you don't roll back 50cm on the start line before dropping the clutch?? Local rules and all that!?! I would love to drive around the track slowly one day and spot some markers and try some lines. Have only run up the hill at Mountainview 8 times to date! Your times are pretty depressing for the trailered cars with big brakes, turbos and tyres that can't break into the 56's! Like the Soarer I've seen up there! Got a feeling most people's 'old tyres' are better than my setup! Donate today!

Can't get to Grafton on the 14th anymore but will try for the next round there. I really have that track in mind when I'm setting up my car. Want it to be chuckable and balanced. Can't afford rear tyres yet so will still be a compromised handling package. Have the K-sports in now and hoping to get some wheel-time soon. Haven't been around a corner really yet! Very happy with the 10mm increase in ride height (so I don't whack every imperfection on the road!) and there seems to be far less body roll. Haven't put my rear sway back on yet and not sure I'll need it. Still have option of refitting my Whiteline solid front sway if I am still getting oversteer. Also just replaced my trailing arm bushes with nolathane as the old rubber ones were barely attached and obviously doing nothing. Looking to enter the Cooperabung hillclimb this Sunday and then see if I can get to Mt Panorama on the 28th.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Hi Ian! Great to hear the civic's going strong!

I thought the public couldn't drive Bathurst?

I know what U mean about road height,the bush roads are hectic sometimes!