Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R

JDM DC5R header wont fit my DC5R

I bought JDM DC5R headers a few months back and tried to get it installed today on my DC5R but it doesn't fit! As I watched my mechanic try to install it, the 4-2 piece fit onto the engine fine, but the 2-1/cat piece would not fit at all.

Specifically, it would not fit because the 2-1 piece could not reach, and hence could not bolt onto the 4-2 piece. Despite my mechanic trying, the 2-1 would touch the horizontal frame underneath the car and so you can't push it up and forwards to connect to the 4-2 piece. I would have assumed they were a direct bolt on.

Which begs the question(s), those who have fitted JDM header before... How did you do it? Anyone else come across this problem before?

Here's a pic of the "JDM DC5R" headers, and pics of the problem from two camera angles..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01092..JPG 
Views:	395 
Size:	243.7 KB 
ID:	17952Click image for larger version. 

Name:	06032011056i..jpg 
Views:	315 
Size:	260.6 KB 
ID:	17953Click image for larger version. 

Name:	06032011049..jpg 
Views:	259 
Size:	105.8 KB 
ID:	17954
    DC5R

Member Array
    Car:
    Clio RS197
    What sway bar are you running?

If you are running the stock one it won't fit. You need an after market one (EP3R or whiteline)

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    I got an EP3R sway bar, but the sway bar's not the problem as we didn't even get to reach that stage.
    We tried pushing the 2-1 piece as close as we could to the 4-2 piece, but it just simply wouldn't reach it... because 2-1 was touching the frame.

I just don't understand how it could *not* fit.

Is there a possibility that they are EP3R headers and therefore difference in size/shape to JDM DC5R headers?
    DC5R

Member Array
    Car:
    Clio RS197
    They could be EP3r headers (I've never seen them to compare)

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    No one else has any input? T.T
    DC5R

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    seriosuly, 45Set is the guy to answer your problem. He has gone from audm ->jdm headers in his dc5r before. so im confident in his statement.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Oh don't get me wrong, I'm thinking (actually, HOPING, so at least I can resell it if I knew what car it came from) the same thing as 45SET... that these headers could possibly be EP3R headers as they don't fit my car, but I need some sort of definite confirmation
    DC5R

Member Array
    Car:
    Clio RS197
    First chance I had to look at the pics.

They do look very similar to the ones I had.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5s
    ^ To me after seeing these, the angle of the (2-1) downpipe/Cat seems different and less upright.

But it's impossible to compare with your original photo though.

Could you take a side-on shot?

Compare it, to the side-on shot of a JDM DC5 2-1; which seems to be more upright at an angle of 45°;

I would think between the DC5 and EP3 header, the top section would be similar, and the bottom section 2-1, be different to compensate for the relative wheelbases.
    Last edited by TypeS; 09-03-2011 at 09:30 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5 TypeR
    hey mate, i have had this problem before. no one knew what it was either i went to several exhaust shops but couldnt get it to fit. i beleive u have the jdm ep3r header which will not fit the audm dc5r. best bet is to sell it and buy a set from a jdm dc5r or save up a bit more and get toda.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by DC5-23NVI View Post
    hey mate, i have had this problem before. no one knew what it was either i went to several exhaust shops but couldnt get it to fit. i beleive u have the jdm ep3r header which will not fit the audm dc5r. best bet is to sell it and buy a set from a jdm dc5r or save up a bit more and get toda.
    Oh damn you went through this too ey. That's good to hear (not as in you also buying the wrong header, I mean it in the sense that you have validated our suspicions).

Side-on shoot sounds like a good idea too, I'll take a side shot this weekend and post it up to compare.
    DC5R

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5 TypeR
    Quote Originally Posted by type_AHH View Post
    Oh damn you went through this too ey. That's good to hear (not as in you also buying the wrong header, I mean it in the sense that you have validated our suspicions).

Side-on shoot sounds like a good idea too, I'll take a side shot this weekend and post it up to compare.

the first set of those headers i tried to fit had exactly same problems the 4-2 bit fit perfectly but was having trouble with the 2-1 bit hitting that lower cross frame. i then later did some researched it and found out it was from the ep3r which will not fit our dc5rs. A few months down the track i got a 2nd set from 45set and tried installing them myself this time before i brang to mechanic and it fit perfectly. so, to sum it all up i beleive the ones you got are from an ep3r and it wont fit