Hybrid View

Member Array
    Car:
    ex s2000
    Quote Originally Posted by gstanmore View Post
    hey all,i have a 2007 s2k and theres a rip passenger side,where a bar has caused the rip,when top down it looks like 2nd photo.honda are saying not a design fault..hands up who have had tears here in their softop??cheers See pics at
    http://s533.photobucket.com/albums/ee332/gstanmore/
    hi, sorry to hear your car with torn roof fabric.so far,i have used the cut up socks on the bars and have not figured out how to tape the areas from inside edges.By the way ,your car looks really nice and especially white looks really clean especially when i am having red colour on my year 2000. Cant have them all especially I love most of the s2000 colours.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2005 - S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by gstanmore View Post
    hey all,i have a 2007 s2k and theres a rip passenger side,where a bar has caused the rip,when top down it looks like 2nd photo.honda are saying not a design fault..hands up who have had tears here in their softop??cheers See pics at
    http://s533.photobucket.com/albums/ee332/gstanmore/
    I also, picked up this old threat looking for some advice. Well my s2k has sadly also fallen to the Honda frame "defect" which rubs away the inner corner of the roof - creating a wear that is eventuating into a tear (on both sides).

I have contacted a few places regarding sealing/adding an extra layer in the suspected area to prevent tearing and further wear. One company I have been told to contact is Uticolor. Has anyone used their services? Any advice on a repair/company?

(btw I went through hell trying to get through Honda AUS & Japan to discuss the defect which they refused to assist with and claimed it was wear and tear and not poor design).
    Last edited by Danio; 15-12-2011 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Agree with gstanmore on defect