Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Member Array
    Car:
    MY01' S2000
    Yeah I can also vouch for aerospace but it doesn't work as well as the OEM denim. It takes a lot longer to dry and soak in but still a great product

Member Array
    Car:
    ex s2000
    Quote Originally Posted by drsilliez View Post
    i always keep my roof open. like 95%+ of the time. agree with the aerospace 303.

also ive got like this sock thing that was made to wrap around the frame on either side where it comes into contact with soft top and at the point of where it comes into contact with the soft top, there is black tape, so it rubs against that if/when it rubs.
    HI, Can i cut socks and slipped onto the frame and i guess sock being either polyester or cotton would not create friction right? I have bought a roll of gaffer tape black 48width X40mm for $9.90.Just want to know if any of you have tried using them around the frames that caused the protrudment and to stop the markings? I have few areas on the canvas with protruding marks and slight worn stretch marks.Hopefully ,this gaffer tape will help as suggested by one of the members before.Thanks tay

Member Array
    Car:
    MY01' S2000
    Gaffer tape might work but if you going to wrap it don't make it to thick as all your going to do is thicken the amount of material and it will push further and put more stress on the material against your soft top. I once read that the the stuff you use to wrap a tennis racquet handle is good because it's thin and is soft against the soft top. I have bought some recently but haven't had the time to fit it yet

Member Array
    Car:
    ex s2000
    Quote Originally Posted by YLDS2K View Post
    Gaffer tape might work but if you going to wrap it don't make it to thick as all your going to do is thicken the amount of material and it will push further and put more stress on the material against your soft top. I once read that the the stuff you use to wrap a tennis racquet handle is good because it's thin and is soft against the soft top. I have bought some recently but haven't had the time to fit it yet
    HI ,I have not started using the gaffer tape but took advice and used some cut socks to wrap it with couple of stitch.Hope this will help to lessen the rubbing.Can i actually use the gaffer tape to tape up the canvas stretch marks from the inside?Wonder if each time the opening and closing of the folded canvas will make the tape fall off? Thanks and appreciate.tay

Member Array
    Car:
    MY01' S2000
    Well gaffer tape has cotton strings in it so I'm guessing it should be strong enough to use only one way to find out

Member Array
    Car:
    ex s2000
    Hi ,will try to tape up from inside ....
    thanks.
    cheers tay

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    s2000

Rip in s2000 top

Quote Originally Posted by tay113 View Post
    Hi ,will try to tape up from inside ....
    thanks.
    cheers tay
    hey all,i have a 2007 s2k and theres a rip passenger side,where a bar has caused the rip,when top down it looks like 2nd photo.honda are saying not a design fault..hands up who have had tears here in their softop??cheers See pics at
    http://s533.photobucket.com/albums/ee332/gstanmore/

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM S15
    how about measures to prevent crims slashing my soft top? see my latest thread :'(

Member Array
    Car:
    ex s2000
    Quote Originally Posted by gstanmore View Post
    hey all,i have a 2007 s2k and theres a rip passenger side,where a bar has caused the rip,when top down it looks like 2nd photo.honda are saying not a design fault..hands up who have had tears here in their softop??cheers See pics at
    hi, sorry to hear your car with torn roof fabric.so far,i have used the cut up socks on the bars and have not figured out how to tape the areas from inside edges.By the way ,your car looks really nice and especially white looks really clean especially when i am having red colour on my year 2000. Cant have them all especially I love most of the s2000 colours.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2005 - S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by gstanmore View Post
    I also, picked up this old threat looking for some advice. Well my s2k has sadly also fallen to the Honda frame "defect" which rubs away the inner corner of the roof - creating a wear that is eventuating into a tear (on both sides).

I have contacted a few places regarding sealing/adding an extra layer in the suspected area to prevent tearing and further wear. One company I have been told to contact is Uticolor. Has anyone used their services? Any advice on a repair/company?

(btw I went through hell trying to get through Honda AUS & Japan to discuss the defect which they refused to assist with and claimed it was wear and tear and not poor design).
    Last edited by Danio; 15-12-2011 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Agree with gstanmore on defect