Member Array
    Car:
    04 Accord Euro Luxury

Power steering hose is leaking

Hey guys, today I noticed my power steering hose was leaking oil. I checked to see from where and I could see a small ten cent sized bulge with a 5mm hole that had been formed from it.

I was wondering if anyone has had to change their power steering hose and how much it cost?

I rang up a spare parts place next to my place and they quoted me $150 which is a far cry from the $400+ Honda quoted me.

Is that a good price or does anyone know of some cheaper places around Sydney that I might have missed?

What about a power steering stop leak fluid instead? The hole isn't even that big.

model is Accord Euro Luxury 04
    Last edited by Psy; 08-03-2011 at 10:13 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Blown NHBP CL9
    call your honda dealership, there is a recall for power steering hoses depending on the year of your euro.
    V T E C h n i q u e
    Since 2001
    OG Member #3

Member Array
    Car:
    04 Accord Euro Luxury
    Just called them and they said that no recall was placed...

I checked and the TSX 04-08 was recalled for a fault power steering hose however no luck on my part.

Oh well, this Honda dealership said $500 for the hose, $100 up from another Honda... hmmm, they said don't buy those $150 because they might not be genuine, sheez.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Get ne from a wrecker. Hondas put trickery in their hoses... If you use people like enzed your seteering may start to behave weired
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord
    Guys, have you tried this ? http://www.dealerdirectparts.com/200...ccord-dx-4.htm its OEM by HONDA USA part no. 53713-SDA-A02. can someone confirm if the part number is the same here in AUS??, $150 shipped to AUS by DHL Express so expect delivery in about 2 business days!, apparently the part is the same for EURO/ACCORD wide body as advised by Honda Dealer.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Look at the forum... ALL CL9's has a recall for power steering hose. Call the dealer again. I just had mine done today.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...rs-please-read)
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    Look at the forum... ALL CL9's has a recall for power steering hose. Call the dealer again. I just had mine done today.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...rs-please-read)
    yes its for EURO owners, but how about the VTi/V6 Accord Owners?? if the part is the same as EURO's.. shouldn't that be recalled as well ?

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 CRV Luxury
    The recall is for all CL9 2003 to 2008 Accord Euro. Do not pay any money!

Honda dealers must do the recall as it is a legal requirement of the ACCC...

http://www.recalls.gov.au/content/in...itemId/1001465
    SPQR
    The first ever Whiteline RSB pattern for CL9 Euro.
    The world first ever after market RSB for RE4 CRV.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord
    can some1 pls confirm the part number? or where can I find it? I've looked on the hose it self, doesn't have any thing relevant to what I've seen online, which is "53713-SDA-A02"

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord
    Guy's I've located the p/n for the Aussie Accord's/Euro's its 53713-SDA-Q02 and the one in America is 53713-SDA-A02 do you guys think it will fit?,
    Last edited by PANJAB; 09-04-2011 at 03:23 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by PANJAB View Post
    yes its for EURO owners, but how about the VTi/V6 Accord Owners?? if the part is the same as EURO's.. shouldn't that be recalled as well ?
    mate, you're in the wrong forum, it's probably better off asking in the Accord section, not euro.
    '05 Accord Euro Luxury 'Sports', Hah!

Looking For Wing-less CL9 Graphite Boot - Willing to discuss trade for boot with wing!