Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Automatic driver learning first manual car with DC2R

Hey ladies and gents,
    This is my first time writing in this forum so although my question might disturb you in any ways (seems like some ppl on the forum are very sensitive about repetitive threads or stupid questions...) Ill appreciate ur kind replies

So the point is, that I, who drive automatic right now in camry wagon, would like to learn manual with Integra DC2 type R. I know that in NSW (where I live) when you get your green P's, it is free to choose whatever transmission to drive. So, since I have never driven manual before I might struggle with manual performance car.

But let me tell you, that I adore and admire the car and also have sufficient knowledge about driving manual but just worried and curious to know your opinions on this subject ^^;;

Tips or advice will be greatly appreciated Thanks !

Member Array
    um.. so what was the question?
    naturally i finished my set.

... the question is , what's ur opinion about automatic driver learning his first manual in DC2R? :S

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    if its got the standard clutch, it'll be a piece of piss

after all, its just a na fwd lol
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    how long have you had your licence?
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Including learner licence.. its been 2 years

Member Array
    Car:
    INTEGRA TYPE R
    DC2R is and easy car to drive....... but i have noticed it is hard for some of my mates to drive it well.....
    tbh i would say go do a couple of lessons with an instructor with a manual car before you jump the gun and get in a type R..

and do you already have a type R or thinking of buying one..?
    THERES NO CAR LIKE A TYPE R

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    You'll be fine mate. I had very little experience before i got my DC2R as well, just take it slow

Member Array
    Car:
    90 EF8 siR
    What a stupid question, dc2r isn't a high performance race car, it's far from it. It doesn't have an OS Geiken triple plate clutch so i wouldn't worry about it. I learnt manual in a Mazda 3, jumped into my Crx when I got my licence and it was a breeze. Please refrain from asking silly questions like this, common sense mate, waste of a thread

Get a couple lessons with an instructor first to learn the basics of how to drive manual, before you attempt to teach yourself and potentially wear the clutch leading you to have to purchase a new clutch.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    I'm curious, mate; what's with typing ";;;" at the end of your sentences?

Other than that, erm, there doesn't seem to be a question here. It seems as if you're excited about buying a Type R, and just want to post about it. Anyway, it's no harder to drive than any other car, but you'll probably still wrap it around a tree...

Member Array
    you're learning manual so you will be granny shifting. assuming you will be driving a stock type r, they are like any other cars on low rev. if you're concerned about 'performance', power will only comes on from around 5k rpm so no you won't meet a tree anytime soon.
    naturally i finished my set.