Thread: water

water

hey guys about 5 weeks ago i was driving along the high way and my car started over heating, so i pulled over and check my reserve water and it was empty put some coolant and wet off until i got to my destination and had to fill the radiator took about 2.5L of coolant water mix, and every since iv had to keep putting water in every week. iv replaced the radiator cap and the thermostat. that helped a little but im still having to put water in it every once in a while. i changed the spark plugs yesterday and emptyed my oil catch can, and i found it full with water and oil. im really confused im not sure whats wrong anyone got any ideas cos i want to drive my car again cos i dont want hurt it anymore untill iv fixed it. its a 1993 prelude f22a
    any help would be great thanks guys
    No one can stop you from having vtec!

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Sounding like a cracked head gasket.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Prelude VTi-R
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Sounding like a cracked head gasket.
    yes defiantly head gasket issue, my gf car has the same issue

dam... how hard is it to replace yourself??
    No one can stop you from having vtec!

depends on your know how, but its a fair task for a beginner.
    NEED THAT PQ, I GOT THINGS TO SELL

u know what, my accord was doing a very very similar thing.

when you bleed the air out of the cooling system you need to crank the heater. well my heater cable came off the valve thats in the cooling system so i could never bleed it.

What my car was doing was boiling the water into the over flow and the overflowing it, it would then suck the remaining water back into the system. It would do this over and over and the over flow was always low.
    Import Performance and Styling
    -= Official distributors for Password JDM =-

Member Array
    Car:
    EG8
    also how many km since water pump change?? my civic seems to dump coolant on back of block past 5k rpm... But then again water pump needs to be changed for 200xxxkm service
    Why don't you tell your daddy to comb his damn hair, look like some spiders is having a meetin' on his head.

definitely the gasket. its very hard to do yourself. will probably cost around $700-$900 to get fixed by a professional
    DEEFUFF 4LYF