Thread: Clutch Leaking!

Member Array
    Car:
    2001 honda s2000 import

Clutch Leaking!

Recently lost clutch pedal feel, checked fluid very low, took it to Honda we found fluid around clutch pedal so means master cylinder leaking! Apparently I can get a kit so only about $150 to repair. Tip is clutch fluid is same as brake fluid attracts water! So then effects the rubber seals ect, do it every couple of years even though the manual never says to replace clutch fluid!

Yes clutch fluid is one and the same as brake fluid. My clutch master cylinder has started to weep, only very slightly but warrants attention. Don't pay $150 for a rebuild kit - I just purchased (and have just received) brand new oem Honda master AND slave cylinder for $220 delivered, they even threw in a bottle of honda fluid for free. Rebuild kit is lame in comparison, sure seals will be new but the steel cylinders will have suffered pitting and a rebuild kit won't address this - just go new everything for extra $70 - including slave

Member Array
    Car:
    2001 honda s2000 import
    Yes but I mean $150 inc labor. Labor for Honda is $110hr my other mechanic is $88hr, so $308 vs $150. I will get my mechanic to have a look anyways and ask for his advise. Thanks for your input, definitely take it on board and consider doing as you did. PS some give me some member points! lol

Member Array
    Car:
    What happend to my Honda
    I think its just the seals, i got mine changed about 20000kms, i think i paid just over $100.
    Need Customs Clearance? Look no further!

Member Array
    Car:
    2001 honda s2000 import
    Gez thats reasonalbe. Wish i can have the same outcome.

Member Array
    Car:
    2001 honda s2000 import
    Well at the moment not leaking! I wiped it clean and now not a drop since to toped the fluid up? am checking it every day.