Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EG Hatch

What water / intake temps do you guys see?

im just curious what other people are seeing? at willowbank my car was seeing over 100 degree water temps (average street driving 89 - 95) and intake temps of 76 degrees! (average street driving 50 - 60)

since i went to willowbank i have relocated the intake but its still seeing up to 60 degrees so ill add another 90 degree angle to move it to the front right behind the bumper.

ive ordered a 60 degree mishimoto thermostat and just installed my 80 degree mishimoto fan switch hoping that helps out with the water temps. im running an asi single thick core half sized radiator but an average fan i will see to upgrade shortly also with a shrouded slim fan
    FIGJAM

By willowbank you mean drags or queensland raceway down the road?
    I would not run a 60c thermo especially if you still using the car on the street.

If the temps are getting too high, you need more cooling capacity..... a larger/more efficient radiator.
    DLUG Racing

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    nah with a turbo its fine to runthe 60 degree thermostat. You need to open earlier for faster cooling as the heat gets up pretty quick.
    not sure about my water temps, but it sounds about right. On track the grounds are usually hotter and your at full throttle alot.
    I know my oil temps are at about 80 degrees on street but when i get out at track they hit about 90-95 degrees (that's with oil cooler also).
    Not sure what the stock water temp gets to go over half way. I usually back off when it gets over half

One other thing your stock fan cools better than the thin thermo fans, you only run them if you don't have space. The fans don't help when your driving through.

Might need to get an oil cooler
    Last edited by Limbo; 10-11-2010 at 12:47 PM.
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Hatch
    i dont have space. lol thanks for the info guys. my stock water temp sucks. it is the same level just under half way from 76ish degrees all the way to 105. by willowbank i meant the drag strip.
    FIGJAM

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    yeah i've had to do alot of adjustments to fit mine also

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Hatch
    new fan switch has bumped down the average temp down 5 degrees which im happy with.. now cruising the highest it sees is 86. havent taken it for a hard drive yet though.
    FIGJAM

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    try 'mo cool' by motul it should drop the radiator by a few more degrees, but its not cheap $45 for 500ml

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Hatch
    Instead of making a new thread ill just post in here

After putting in my big intercooler ive had more overheating issues

cruising on the highway water temp is sitting around 90 degrees, heavy driving it creeps up over 100 and at lakeside i was forced to pull in after seeing it raise to 120 degrees. But we went for a drive through the hills at sunshine coast last week and going down the hills on a cool misty night at very light load it was actually sitting very cold, around 70 degrees.

No air in the system, 60 degree thermostat, 80 degree fan switch 42mm single core alloy radiator.

the ASI radiator worked wonders NA and when i only had a tiny intercooler. But ever since ive put the big cooler on ive had issues. I'm confident in the quality of the ASI radiators as i have always used them without issues and considering buying their 54mm 3 core radiator But if there is no need id rather not

I read another thread where people recommended a block off plate for the passenger side of the radiator to force more air into the radiator, but the problem is my intake is right behind there and im worried about the heat soak with no fresh air.

What are other turbo people doing to keep their temps down to normal?
    FIGJAM

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    i've had to switch to a smaller intercooler to get better cooling, also looking at doing water to air intercooler, just got the parts in, will let you know how i go.
    My intake temps hit about 45 degrees in traffic cruising usually around 35 degrees

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Hatch
    My intake temps sit around 35 ish but yeah through traffic around 45 and sitting for a long time around 50.

Thats interesting about the the cooler, im going for a budget build but if i have to ill buy another cooler.
    FIGJAM

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Is it overheating in traffic? or cruising? Turn on the heater if it gets too hot :P

Account Disabled Array
    Sounds like you need a bigger radiator in there

Low temp thermostat is a waste if your radiator is not cooling down quick enough

Intake temps - 30-35'c & 90'c deg water temp (on track)