Newcomer Array

Skunk2 Intake Manifold&Throttle body, performance for B* Series

Hey all, i was wondering if you put a Skunk2 pro series intake manifold & Skunk2 68mm Pro series Billet Throttle Body on a B18C, running i/h/e.
    Would you have better performance?
    Would the car make more power?

Thank You All

Member Array
    Car:
    Bangbus
    With a tune, yes.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic EG5
    As above.

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Go to the review/diy section and read my review on said mod.

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Go to the review/diy section and read my review on said mod.

Member Array
    Car:
    shevic
    Quote Originally Posted by geeang View Post
    With a tune, yes.
    what if your ECU is already tune and chip as well with stock IM and TB.? do you still need to retune it..if put skunk TB and IM?
    Last edited by glen06; 28-03-2011 at 12:52 AM.

Banned Array
    Car:
    EKB20 > EGB18C
    yes retune is needed

Member Array
    Car:
    Pimpin rover
    search

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda eg civic
    i wont give u a blunt no answer , my mate has a DC2 Vti-r and i told him to get the skunk 2 intake manifold and throttle body [ same as your asking] and put it on his car. me and him were expecting big results and massive power gains , but in fact it just drowned ! lost alot of power between 1000rpm to 6000rpm ! witch only gave him 2000rpm of power witch felt like standard power lol , so in fact he lost alot of power from what "we" thought would increase soooo much power ! the problem was that he haddent got it dyno tune !!!! if he had gotten it tuned i believe it would have made much more power than it was pull ATM.......... i mean he lost alooooot of power to the point were i was in 4th gear and he was in 3rd gear [ yes my car is an eg and yes its got a b18cR motor in it] but i had my foot half way and he had his foot the whole way down and i still pulled away from him by half a car!! LOL masssssive power loss dude, he regrets it and wishes he never did it! but i told him after he got it done to tune it! but he was to lazy to do so, so he suffered !

my point is if your going to put a full intake on your car, dont expect it to react perfectly or expect a lil out of wack drive , get it TUNED ASAP !!!

hope this help you dude.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Get it,

much better than VTiR one with dual bullshit crossover. More power mid to topend, better vtec crossover.

Skunk2 + comptech box + enlarged TB + Hondata S100,S200,S300 (2.5K+ unless you find 2nd hand ), you'll make un-beatable gains.

Good luck,
    無限 The Form is in the Function 無限
    teamGROUNDzero

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Quote Originally Posted by on-tec View Post
    i wont give u a blunt no answer , my mate has a DC2 Vti-r and i told him to get the skunk 2 intake manifold and throttle body [ same as your asking] and put it on his car. me and him were expecting big results and massive power gains , but in fact it just drowned ! lost alot of power between 1000rpm to 6000rpm ! witch only gave him 2000rpm of power witch felt like standard power lol , so in fact he lost alot of power from what "we" thought would increase soooo much power ! the problem was that he haddent got it dyno tune !!!! if he had gotten it tuned i believe it would have made much more power than it was pull ATM.......... i mean he lost alooooot of power to the point were i was in 4th gear and he was in 3rd gear [ yes my car is an eg and yes its got a b18cR motor in it] but i had my foot half way and he had his foot the whole way down and i still pulled away from him by half a car!! LOL masssssive power loss dude, he regrets it and wishes he never did it! but i told him after he got it done to tune it! but he was to lazy to do so, so he suffered !

my point is if your going to put a full intake on your car, dont expect it to react perfectly or expect a lil out of wack drive , get it TUNED ASAP !!!

hope this help you dude.
    I feel sorry for your mate, and you are right when you say it needs a proper dyno tune to show it's worth.

Although, I have to add, I have the Skunk2 Manifold on my Vti-R, and I didn't lose any where as much power as your mate did. Infact, his experience sounds like a horror story! I lost a tad bit of power below 1000rpm, but mate it really pulls it all back from vtec to redline.

To the OP, you MUST remember, this isnt a 'wack it on and get 30 extra kw's at the wheels' type of mod. Yes, you WILL notice a significant improvement after installation and without a tune, but it's not a mod that is designed to be just bolted on and left at that. It REQUIRES an expert dyno tune with some proper engine management to see it to its full potential.

So to sum it up, just make sure you are prepared to do it right and do it properly: Intake, Manifold, Headers/Cat/Exhaust + Hondata & Tune.
    part time potato

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Quote Originally Posted by enbayz View Post
    Hey all, i was wondering if you put a Skunk2 pro series intake manifold & Skunk2 68mm Pro series Billet Throttle Body on a B18C, running i/h/e.
    Would you have better performance?
    Would the car make more power?

Thank You All
    b18c2? 50/50... Where are you looking for power? It may show more power on paper but drive ability will be worst then stock intake system.