Member Array
    Car:
    04 Accord Euro Luxury

Anyone used an OBD2 adapter on their Accord Euro

Hi guys, today my ODB2 adapter came in from eBay and was playing around with the program 'Torque' for Android but it seems to not be able to read the fault codes, since as soon as I select 'fault codes' it gives me an error "fault codes are not present on the ECU" or something in those lines.

I checked the options and it shows that it's connected to the ECU, and it does all that real time information just perfectly fine... but it just won't read the fault codes.

Anyone know why the reason might be? Before you say that eBay shouldn't be trusted, I wanted to know if anyone had any luck connecting an ODB2 adapter to retrieve the fault codes?

I installed ScanMaster and it said 'no trouble codes' which gives me a better assurance. Could it be that IF a fault is present then the program will show it but is giving me an error because no fault is there?

The car is an Accord Euro 2004 Luxury.
    Last edited by Psy; 14-03-2011 at 02:49 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    '04 Euro [Cl9]
    "fault codes are not present on the ECU" doesn't sound like an error to me. It seems to be saying the same things as the ScanMaster... that no error codes were found... because there are none. Unless you are expecting something wrong with your car?

Ollie

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Pull out your ABS fuse or something else along the same lines that will throw a code. Good way to test if your ODB2 reader is working

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Euro, Evo 8
    Yep I've used one to retrieve fault codes many times. Mine was only $60 bucks or something.

Plug it in, press 1 button and it scans and downloads the code.

If there are no faults (i.e. check engine light not on) there will be no code to download. Sounds like your car is running just fine.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    hey there, sorry for the really stupid question, but where is the OBD connector in a CL9? I've had a quick look, but haven't had the time to really go looking and I couldn't find any info on here about its location.
    Cheers,
    Marcus.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Euro, Evo 8
    It's under the dash near the coin box on the driver side.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    hey Sodaz, thanks for the info

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro '04
    *dig* *dig* *dig* "Oooooh an old thread!"

Ohai, I'm wondering what kinda dongle thing you use to get bluetooth readouts from the OBDII connector.
    I am partially interested in buying one but not sure what to look at.
    THANKS

Dale.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by Daleyb93 View Post
    *dig* *dig* *dig* "Oooooh an old thread!"

Ohai, I'm wondering what kinda dongle thing you use to get bluetooth readouts from the OBDII connector.
    I am partially interested in buying one but not sure what to look at.
    THANKS

Dale.
    This one
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ELM327-WI...0db2773&_uhb=1

Member Array
    Car:
    Odyssey RB3
    ^this,

but really, any of the ELM327 units should work.
    beware of dud though - don't necessarily buy the cheapest one, but don't assume the cheapest one is no good either... I find that a balance of "reasonable price" is best to avoid "too cheap".
    Also if you can get locally for "reasonable price" that helps local economy.
    Digital is Only ON or OFF

Got the same one described in the ebay link and be warned it's a bit big. I can't actually plug it all the way in but it goes in enough to work.
    Last edited by peetah; 05-01-2013 at 12:57 PM.