Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude

JDM NSX tranny conversion - how much$$

Hi all,
    I just spotted a JDM NSX eligible for import at Prestige Motorsport.
    It looks awesome except has an automatic tranny. Does anyone hazard to guess how much it would cost to convert it over to manual?

link to Prestige's NSX:

http://www.prestigemotorsport.com.au...p?StockID=2867

My papa's always wanted a nsx - non automatic supercar!

Member Array
    Car:
    Silver Coupe
    just email them and ask them to find you a manual one.

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude
    This is just an intellectual excercise at this point - trying to determine how much it would cost to replace an automatic transmission with a manual transmission.

Yes I agree it may be "easier" to simply ask for a manual car. However, it is always fun to explore options and especially with an example as nice as the one listed by Prestige at the moment.

nightrider, the conversion without parts is going to set u back about 2-3k easily.

Member Array
    Car:
    12.46@112mph H2
    the last time i asked around a Manual 5 Speed box for a NA1 NSX was around $5K, you will also need to get yourself flywheel and also the pedal assembly, clutch cylinder and most likely the ecu be modified or a Manual ECU otherwise you be throwing codes.... Not to mention some first batches of the NA1 NSX had the infamous Snap Ring Failure on the tranny, which caused you not to select gears or even the box being destroyed

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    yep there will be abit of electrical work required as well. prob need to put manual ecu in. remove AT ecu and wiring, then trim conversion for the shifter. better finding a manual

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    But if you do decide to still get the Auto and do a conversion, don't forget to change the final gear ratio as well - kill two birds with one pebble!

Alot any where bar japan. but u get power steering in the autos whereas the manual is non powered.

It was covered on NSX Prime..

here is a link to the work involved
    http://www.auto-gumball.com/nsx/attomt.html

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude
    OKie doke thanks for the advice everyone.
    Manual from the word go= way to go.

Cheers!