Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: DA9 lowering

i am going to lower my DA9, am wanting to lower the rear 2" and the front 1.5" but not sure what springs will do this, any help would be great.

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9 Integra LS
    None.

Unless you go for:
    1) springs from the States
    2) custom wound/compressed/cut
    3) springs intended for another application
    4) coiliovers/coilover sleeves

Most spring manufacturers I researched over here only allow us a 3cm drop front and rear, which is the lowest we can go whilst retaining the spring's captivity within the stock shocks.

If you don't mind the springs being captive or not, you can go as low as you like.

Next week i'll be getting a pair of cheap rear EF Civic shocks to see how much of a difference there is over our stock rears. I've read there's about a 1 /12 inch difference, allowing for the use of shorter springs. I saw a pic of a teg with civic suspension and it was pretty low.

To make the springs captive whilst using stock length shocks you can try
    1) upper shock mounts from Ground Control
    2) custom upper mounts (which is hopefully what I'll do)
    3) modifications to the spring seat both front and rear
    4) get shocks which had an adjustable height spring seat (e.g. blistein or koni yellows)
    5) shortened shocks/machined shock rods to allow the rod to sit higher in the top mount

Don't forget the lower you go the greater negative camber you'll get, as well as toe (in?), so alignment and camber kits would be useful.

(I've researched this alot, been spending a lot of free time in workshops and different suspension places to sort out all my options. I'd appreciate any other suggestions or input.)

Oh ye, currently my car is lowered 3cms all round with King Springs. Handles very nicely but doesn't look all that low in the rear, even though the front scrapes all over the place.
    Too old for bodykits

can i get some pics of your car man, i wanna see what the king springs did.
    the front must be pretty close to the guards. i can understand about the rear, mine sits high as at the moment and the 17's dont look so good because of it.

Member Array
    Car:
    F20C Clubman Build
    b16a: are you after looks or performance?

Member Array
    Car:
    DENIED LS Integra
    Here is how mine sits with 2.5" drop with Pedders springs... I am looking to get coil-overs, because now that I have my bodykit, its too low

Boost: i havent got the cash for coil-overs if thats whatyour thinking, if idid id get them real quick, so the only option ive got is to get springs at the moment. i just dont want my car sitting so high off the ground.

tegboy: are you sute you got 2.5" all round, i measured the gap between my tyres and guards, and only have abot 1.5" clearence at the front before my tyres would be scrapping, and about 2-2.5" on the rear??? can you put some pics up with your kit on, i am going to get a jetspeed kit most likely as i havent seen anyother that gets sold in australia. not on the net anyway.

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9 Integra LS
    Here's a pic, which Wynode took sime time ago.

Lowered 3cms, I'll take hub to guard measurements again tomorrow, I don't know where they are.
    Too old for bodykits

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9 Integra LS
    Double Post...
    Too old for bodykits

Member Array
    Car:
    DENIED LS Integra
    Here is a pic of my car with the kit, its the Jetspeed kit

excuse the ricey neons, that was my Fast and Furious stage

thanx for the info guys. so im goin to make some phone calls tomorrow to see what springs ill get.

thought about DC2 stuff?

i heard the shocks and springs can be fitted by using the DC front forks and DC rear arms or JDM DA6 rear arms...?

i have Whiteline coilovers (400lbs/in front and 300lbs/in rear) fitted to my teg, with Koni Yellow shocks,

has about 4 finger rear and 3 finger front gaps... (a bit higher than Redtegs)

i had to create a new groove in the rear shocks to move the circlip up an inch though...

the package cost about 1650 to purchase and took a day to fit...

it handles f8king awesome...
    B20VTEC - since 2002