Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    2 Door EK GLi

Optimal drop for daily EK Hatch

Hi guys
    In the market to lower my ek hatch and throw on an ASR brace, sway bar and front strut
    Now because the car is my daily and only daily, I don't want it to be 'slammed'.. I just want to fill the gap a little bit from the tyre to the fenders and use my 15'' rims with 50 profile tyres.
    I don't want to scrape on driveways or have to worry about speed bumps much.
    So out of experience what do you guys reccommend an optimal drop height would be?
    Ive read up on these springs :
    Skunk 2
    Spoon
    Tanabe sustec pro GF

All apparently give 1 to 1.5'' drop.. is that okay for a daily?

Kind regards

Chris

1-1.5" drops are fine. Imo its still high, but like you said, no scraping, shouldn't be a problem.

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Door EK GLi
    Thanks man
    what lowered springs do you have in your ek1? can you comment in regards to comfort etc? and how much drop
    thx

im running buddyclub N+.

cant exactly tell you how much of a drop it is. my standard exhaust is roughly 9-8cms off the ground.

comfort is alright.

Member Array
    Car:
    370Z/DC5
    I'm running tein s tech springs with skunk 2 sports shocks on my ek1. Modest drop and still a very comfortable ride. Don't scrape on anything

Member Array
    Car:
    Understand
    I'm running cusco zero on my eg. Its the worst daily driver and i scrape on everything. =D

~King Of Spam~

Member Array
    Car:
    '96 EK9 Replica
    i've got King low springs in my missus's EK sedan..dropped alil..but imo not quite enuff..maybe the superlows might have been a better option

Member Array
    Car:
    370Z/DC5
    Quote Originally Posted by chauster View Post
    I'm running cusco zero on my eg. Its the worst daily driver and i scrape on everything. =D
    lol classic/awsome

Member Array
    Car:
    Go Kart
    2.5" is a good drop IF you have good shocks. If not just go with 1.5" and worry less, hardly notice the drop though.
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Door EK GLi
    Thanks for the opinions guys, much appreciated
    Flipfire : thats what im really after. A barely noticeable drop so it doesn't compromise my daily driving much. I measured the 1.5'' drop from the tyre to the guard, Think it will look ok with some 50 profile tyres. Not after the slammed look.. just want some tighter steering and lower stance
    I will look at the prices of king springs vs. tein springs/spoon etc. If there's not much of a price difference I might go a beter branded spring just because
    thanks all!

Member Array
    Car:
    Go Kart
    I have a EK comparison pic of stock, lows and superlows posted somewhere here.

I had lows was barely noticeable so i got it changed to superlows (2-2.5") and it still had like a 2 finger gap. This was still excellent for daily driving, except my shocks sucked ass.
    Last edited by flipfire; 18-03-2011 at 10:46 AM.
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Ek civic
    you need 1.8" min in my opinion.
    I have coilovers and i have them set to around a 2.5" drop which is about a fingers width with 16" and 205/45 tires
    But if your going lowering springs i would suggest new shocks just as your old basic ones will fry themselves quick quick.
    Last edited by Lbarbz; 18-03-2011 at 04:31 PM.