Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    99 Teg VTiR

Hannys 80,000km service + leaking gaskets + cam adjust?

Hi all,

As much as I hate these threads normally, unfortunately I need to know the average cost to expect for a 80,000km service at Hannys.

Normally I'd just ask Hannys, but the lady I spoke to on the phone had what seemed like basic english skills (although our connection was very bad - might have been that).

Also - do Integra VTiRs often need exhaust gaskets replaced? I think I either have a small hole in my exhaust, or a gasket leak. If I listen to my exhaust (stock), it sounds noisier and rougher (like air is leaking), and also if I listen to my engine from the engine bay, it seems a little louder... but the noise seems to disappear when the engine is under more load (ie up a hill).. weird

Lastly - has anyone here with a Integra VTiR had their CAMS adjusted by Hannys? Apparently they do this for $150 or so? Can anyone report the differences after it's performed? I've done a search but can't seem to pull up any information about it...

Thanks,
    Tommo.

The lady u spoke to , was no doubt Mrs Robert ( the big boss's wife i think ?!?) - its always best to ask for "robert" or even better ask for "peter" next time ( he is a resident aussie that works there- nice bloke).

Exhaust gaskets shouldnt leak unlesss they are years old or have been hit (say you hit a speed bump underneath etc) .....i think the noise you describe could be another unrelated problem - best to get the guys to have a quick test ride and they can diagnose it best methinks.

and on the cam tune - i know a few people with varying car ( Si , ek4 vtir , b18b gsi etc) who have had their cams adjusted with decent results. WHAT robbie does is adjust the timing of the inlet + exhaust camshafts a few degrees either side to let in more air per induction stroke and also adjusts the ignition timing and adjusts fuel pressure slightly to take advantage + make abit more hp. It makes your idle alittle bit bubbly - and reports that ive heard, increases mid to top end pull very so slightly. For the money , its a decent mod i think.

Member Array
    Car:
    99 Teg VTiR
    Thanks for the information. I'll let them check it out, I think it's just an air leak somewhere along the line, but I'll defintely let them investigate. I was just investigating myself first so I have a general idea of what the problem could be. I know gaskets go in a lot of other cars, so thought that might have been the case here. My teg is only 5.5 years old, so I don't think it's that then.

Cam tune sounds decent - not sure if i'll like the lumpy idle, but I agree with you, for the cost I can't really go too wrong.

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    $150?? u sure............thats cheaper than what i've heard! (I think!)
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Member Array
    Car:
    99 Teg VTiR
    Quote Originally Posted by wynode
    $150?? u sure............thats cheaper than what i've heard! (I think!)
    I've heard varying amounts, and I didn't ask on the phone about it. I'll speak to them in more detail about the mods and costs when I go in on Monday.

I'm suprised they do this, for a place that hates mods so much

dont forget your timing belt (timing belt? or the other one..) cant remember, but most hondas need them replaced at 80-90k

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude Type S
    Quote Originally Posted by snowman95
    dont forget your timing belt (timing belt? or the other one..) cant remember, but most hondas need them replaced at 80-90k
    Timing must be changed at 100,000k... but its always better to change them earlier.

80,000k is major service? i'd say rought $300-400 depending on what you need to replace as well... coz oil change is roughtly $120 already using mobile 1 synth. I got my timing belt changed for $250 plus all those other things in the service manual.

Winner! Array
    Car:
    dc2
    i though the cam adjustment thing was for slight gains in low to mid range - which consequently decreases top end range performance/effectiveness.
    when do we hit vtec?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC4
    Quote Originally Posted by fried
    i though the cam adjustment thing was for slight gains in low to mid range - which consequently decreases top end range performance/effectiveness.
    As far as I have experienced, this is correct.

Member Array
    Car:
    VTIR
    so what gets done at the 80,000km service??

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    lots of stuff
    do a search

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 - AP1
    well hmmmz

i cant remember wat i got done but the usuall plus new brake pads !

n the car bluebird is talkn about has been mine since april this year has been running awesome !