Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    It's just not worth it, spend $$$$ on turbo/Sc'in a TSX/EURO just dont make sense.

Kudos to the brave soul who did it, it would've cost thousands to boost a CL9 to gain something like 60-70kw.

Any Non GTi VAG 2.0l TSI or 1.8 TSI can gain the same KW with a $800 Dollar chip...

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    It's just not worth it, spend $$$$ on turbo/Sc'in a TSX/EURO just dont make sense.

Kudos to the brave soul who did it, it would've cost thousands to boost a CL9 to gain something like 60-70kw.

Any Non GTi VAG 2.0l TSI or 1.8 TSI can gain the same KW with a $800 Dollar chip...
    Very Very True, No point doing it you will spend 10k on SC and Could sell most of our EUROS for minimum 12k so for 22k you could easily get a lighter quicker car that will smash our cars.

Remember figures are all good but dyno's do not take in to account weight so 220kw Euro Compared to a 180kw Golf, We will be smashed.

Also if you have 10k and dont want to part with your euro entirly.

EG Civic k24 it will go much faster.

Member Array
    Car:
    04 CL9, 11 323i
    Quote Originally Posted by marquee View Post
    Very Very True, No point doing it you will spend 10k on SC and Could sell most of our EUROS for minimum 12k so for 22k you could easily get a lighter quicker car that will smash our cars.

Remember figures are all good but dyno's do not take in to account weight so 220kw Euro Compared to a 180kw Golf, We will be smashed.

Also if you have 10k and dont want to part with your euro entirly.

EG Civic k24 it will go much faster.
    Hmmmm that is true, but some people just love their Accord Euro that much. I mean sometimes it not just about the speed or like how fast that car can go in comparison to other cars... (if I made any sense just then). It's much more unique to have a fast accord euro then a fast eg / ek civic and I guess some of the Accord Euro owners who are willing to fork out the cash or have already done that for that reason. For me 10k is asking a bit too much for me as I don't have that kind of money to just throw at my car but if I had the money I would go down this route in the future just to set aside my accord from the rest.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    I agree with the above entirely however my point is that supercharge is a quick fix to increase the kw, to make a unique accord i would think comptech supercharger would not be the best option. KraftWerks would probably be better but is not a bolt on kit.

I think they I will be going is to still spend the same amount except with NA mods, with the proper tuning i think you can still acheive the same output as the comptech SC however will make the car unique which is what we strive for.

I don't disagree with the SC I just think it is not the only option which should be fully explored before going down that option.

8-10k = Supercharger

8-10k (Assuming Exhaust and Intake done) = k20 head, camshafts, pulleys, coilovers, hondata intake gasket, and would probably need kpro

Member Array
    Car:
    04 CL9, 11 323i
    Yeah marquee that is also true, btw I saw a video of a supercharged tsx with 310kw.... crazy stuff.
    I guess it's really up to our personal taste. But in the end imho a turboed / supercharged euro is still more unique then just getting the camshafts ect ect done as hardly any euros in australia are done up like that and much less people would have their euros done up like that. Another thing is doing all those things... is done in an overall time if you get what I mean (for example over 6 months and the cost is spread out) where as if your taking the SC option, an outright payment of approx 10k has to be made which a lot of people arn't prepared to do even when some euro owners have already spent 10k+ on performance upgrades lol. (Sorry If I don't make sense haha)
    What's your HP and KW for your Euro atm?

Member Array
    Car:
    GTI /Tiguan/CU2
    how about bi-turbo?

this guy is doing bi-turbo on mk5 R32, work is performed by City Performance Centre in Artarmon.

the car is currently running on a set of very serious wheels - the ADV.1, it's not for the faint-hearted!

Last edited by natnat; 22-03-2011 at 12:05 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    GTI /Tiguan/CU2
    i'm not sure if the pistons and other engine components of the K24A can handle big power increase, that should be another consideration.

i know VAG uses forged pistons on their highly tuned factory cars.

also, i'm pretty sure the RTA requires engineering certificate for such a big increase in power, which may include required upgrades in suspension, brakes, and the other lots; in order to balance the power increase. and also perhaps Recaro seats, to keep you seated while doing hard corners. The OEM CL9 seat, esp leather, is guaranteed to move you onto the passenger seat when turning right at >1 G-force.

The OEM CL9 brake rotors are small. Big brakes kits are not cheap, expect $2k and above for front n rear, and you'll also need bigger wheels to clear the calipers, and the list goes on...

and by then your $15k-$24k CL9 would overcapitalise itself to $40k-$50k. I bet the insurance will be a big hassle! and when you need to sell it, i bet i'd be though to do it at a reasonable price and it'd be a very very small market.

so, it's really for a hard core passionate Honda tuner.

a simple solution, sell the CL9, buy a basic 3 DR Golf R $50K (and wait 8-12months for delivery) or 2011 WRX $46K or Renault Megane RS250 Cup Trophee $50K and you get a stock high performance car. When you need to sell it, you will be selling it to a wide market. Insurance is easy too.

or Top One's FD2R if you want to stick with Honda
    Last edited by natnat; 22-03-2011 at 12:30 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 CRV Luxury
    Has anyone gone the chemical supercharging route?
    SPQR
    The first ever Whiteline RSB pattern for CL9 Euro.
    The world first ever after market RSB for RE4 CRV.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    Quote Originally Posted by MingZai View Post
    Hmmmm that is true, but some people just love their Accord Euro that much. I mean sometimes it not just about the speed or like how fast that car can go in comparison to other cars... (if I made any sense just then). It's much more unique to have a fast accord euro then a fast eg / ek civic and I guess some of the Accord Euro owners who are willing to fork out the cash or have already done that for that reason. For me 10k is asking a bit too much for me as I don't have that kind of money to just throw at my car but if I had the money I would go down this route in the future just to set aside my accord from the rest.
    I do understand the differences in "uniqueness" however to be honest it would be hard to find someone with internal work on a euro too. Im just putting my point of view forward.

I don't know how much im pulling atm I only have exhaust and intake all from JTune and couldnt be happier I have my intake gasket which will be installed this weekend hopefully and then will be getting a tune im hopeful to pull about 160 when tuned.

Member Array
    Car:
    Blown NHBP CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by SPQR View Post
    Has anyone gone the chemical supercharging route?
    has been done on a K20R in W.A.

Wont release too much but with stock internals it takes a 100hp wet shot daily.
    V T E C h n i q u e
    Since 2001
    OG Member #3

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '05 Accord Euro
    yeah.... FWD + Turbo/Supercharger + LWB = disaster

Member Array
    Car:
    GTI /Tiguan/CU2
    i've heard someone recently installed supercharger to his Mk5 Golf R32, cost was $27k for the professional install plus German made supercharger unit.

plus more costs for coilovers, big brake kit and the lots.

then RTA engineer certification was required for compliance.

but, R32 is AWD