Repainting question.

hi, i know how repainting a car without the doing the door jambs/engine bay isnt very appealing especially when they're different colour. but just wondering should i repaint a cyclone blue civic's exterior to the Electron Blue and leave the door jambs/engine bay would it still look strange... since they're both blue...
    opinions?

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Maybe post up a picture of the cyclone and electron blues for us?

If you're sticking to the same primary colour it shouldn't be too bad.

But just curious is the cyclone blue really bad? Why would you go from blue to blue?

Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    Maybe post up a picture of the cyclone and electron blues for us?

If you're sticking to the same primary colour it shouldn't be too bad.

But just curious is the cyclone blue really bad? Why would you go from blue to blue?
    trying to go from ...
    this.

to... dc5 blue?

i reckon it wouldnt look right. cyclone blue is dark and leaning towards a greyish colour, where electron is brighter. IMO its still too much of a difference, spray the whole thang
    DEEFUFF 4LYF

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    i wouldnt bother spraying the door jams and engine bay. the respray will cost of as much as the car is worth (that is if you do have a EK)
    snapping 2nd..

do it once and do it right
    Import Performance and Styling
    -= Official distributors for Password JDM =-

Member Array
    Car:
    Understand
    Any slight colour difference you'll notice. if you do door jams but dont do engine bay then that would be ok.

~King Of Spam~

yeah ya gotta do it spot on! My car had a repspray before i bought it and someone did a real slack preperarion job and a quick spray over. Still looks good but if you look close you can see swirls in the paint, as if someone went over it with a paint brush. And theres heaps of friggin peubs in the clear coat. So yeah preperation is very important! Dont slack off or cheap out with anything.
    Are you getting it done professionally or doing it yourself?
    DEEFUFF 4LYF

Quote Originally Posted by jeremydawg View Post
    yeah ya gotta do it spot on! My car had a repspray before i bought it and someone did a real slack preperarion job and a quick spray over. Still looks good but if you look close you can see swirls in the paint, as if someone went over it with a paint brush. And theres heaps of friggin peubs in the clear coat. So yeah preperation is very important! Dont slack off or cheap out with anything.
    Are you getting it done professionally or doing it yourself?
    if i get it done ill most likely get it done professionally dont really have the space to repaint a car. I'll see what happens better start phoning around.

Member Array
    Car:
    Understand
    are you in melb.? PM ME

~King Of Spam~

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Being partly colour-blind that top colour actually looks kinda green to me. The Electron looks hot mate!

But yes they will contrast quite a lot. I guess it's just up to you if you can live with the different coloured engine bad. It will probably cost you about twice as much to do the whole thing, rather than just a 'skin job'. Personally if it were me I'd be temped just to do the skin job. I don't exactly find it revolting otherwise, as long as the bay isn't red or yellow etc. Not the worst case of colour-contrast IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by yuj1n View Post
    trying to go from ...
    this.

to... dc5 blue?