Newcomer Array
    Car:
    honda jazz vtis

auto trns clunk when changing from reverse to drive

has anybody out there had any probs when changing in automatic from reverse into drive ,with a clunking noise in the transmision, its a deffinate noise,but honda says there is no prob ????? davymac

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '10 Jazz
    Yep, I get that in my GE. Not problems yet, I have to ask Honda at my next service

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    honda jazz vtis

auto transmission probs

hi gnat.. my honda jazz is now 20 months old.had this prob sinse day one.honda servise center say no prob and all is well ??????i have been driving for some 50 years in other cars but never expierienced this prob before.love ma wee jazz other than this anoying trait . still mention it at each servise but they assure me there is no prob !!!we will see as the time goes by.....love ma jazz... is easy to get in and out of,so responsive , and relyable.so comfortable to drive.all passengers coment on the space inside.i am a 10- 14 year car owner.i think this will be my last car!!! davymac:

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    09 CU2 Euro Lux
    This happens to my wife's '10 Jaaz. I've also mentioned it to Honda dealer at last service and it was literally ignored by them. Is there an expensive underlying problem here ? It doesn't seem to affect the cars performance but any clunky/grinding sound surely can't be good. Seems to be more noticeable on cold starts. I'm no mechanical genius but could it be a gearbox syncros problem? Next service I will demand answers. This seems to be common complaint for a number of posters and was brought up a couple of months ago- refer the following link http://http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?143599-2009-Long-crank-clunk-when-going-from-R-to-D We need some techos on board to give us some advice. Any information will be welcome.
    Last edited by luvmyeuro; 20-03-2011 at 12:09 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    09 Accord VTI-L
    hmmmmm, my accord has the same trait, honda says its a (albeit annoying) characteristic of the car

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 + GE8
    i get it aswell. however its more noticable when your on a 'hill' or incline.

doesnt seem to 'clunk' when its on a flat surface.