Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dns View Post
    awesome! will get one if you have good things to say about it.

Received today. Installed in 15 mins

And works fantastic. Direct plug in - has a powered ipod jack so charges as well. Just route the unit to behind the drivers side plastic and make a small hole to feed the ipod connector. Easy and doesnt skip a beat.
    You press AUX and it automatically plays - press the tune or select tabs up or
    Down to change song too. Pretty cool. Feels almost OEM

Member Array
    Car:
    NondaRalliJuzz
    congrats man. sounds like a really easy install. When you say 'press the tune or select tabs' do you mean on the hu or ipod/iphone? u rekon it could fit through the oem aux hole below the hu? any chance of pics? lol cheers

S P A M|W O R K S

Like A Sir

Quote Originally Posted by gre03 View Post
    congrats man. sounds like a really easy install. When you say 'press the tune or select tabs' do you mean on the hu or ipod/iphone? u rekon it could fit through the oem aux hole below the hu? any chance of pics? lol cheers
    the tune up/down paddles - two of them no idea what they say of the top of my head ! You can use these to select next or previous song....OR just do it on your ipod too as per normal. You can install it anywhere - its just a cable , then a small box then a another cable to a ipod jack.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz R
    Quote Originally Posted by flipfire View Post
    What happens when your in CD mode and you press AUX? Try pressing it twice
    Yep the button is defiantly broken, in CD mode pressing AUX twice does nothing... So I guess no point getting cable..
    ALLIGATORS GOT A GATE

Member Array
    Car:
    Go Kart
    I saw someone an OEM deck for $30 in FS

My VTIS steering wheel didnt come with the music buttons cause its the older model. Anyone know if i install a steering wheel with one?

Also Whats the best way to mount an ipad or galaxy tab on the dash?
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2, GD3
    @bennjamin: which ebay link did you use? So basically plug and play and allows you use those tabs on the headunit and charges the iPod too!

For iPad mount - have a look at http://www.proclipusa.com/home/home.aspx

Member Array
    Car:
    Type R replica
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    Received today. Installed in 15 mins

And works fantastic. Direct plug in - has a powered ipod jack so charges as well. Just route the unit to behind the drivers side plastic and make a small hole to feed the ipod connector. Easy and doesnt skip a beat.
    You press AUX and it automatically plays - press the tune or select tabs up or
    Down to change song too. Pretty cool. Feels almost OEM
    nice! will be ordering this kit then!

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz R
    After taking off the 1 bottom screw, then the 2 8mm bolts and popping the face off the dash completely, how do I actually pull the unit away from the car? It seems like something connected from behind it stopping it...
    ALLIGATORS GOT A GATE

Member Array
    Car:
    Go Kart
    read my post earlier about prying the tabs.
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz R
    Quote Originally Posted by flipfire View Post
    read my post earlier about prying the tabs.
    Nah what I mean is the tabs are loose, so after a short search I found that it's the climate control cables that are stopping me from pulling the whole thing out... Is there a way around not having to go through trouble of disconnecting cables to all 3 dials?
    ALLIGATORS GOT A GATE

Quote Originally Posted by EG52NV View Post
    Nah what I mean is the tabs are loose, so after a short search I found that it's the climate control cables that are stopping me from pulling the whole thing out... Is there a way around not having to go through trouble of disconnecting cables to all 3 dials?

You dont need to - you literally pull the entire unit out and let it hang down towards the gearstick. But dont let it hang too long or over stretch it as you will pull on or more of the cables resulting in the selectors not fully engaging and an angry gf !

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz R
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    You dont need to - you literally pull the entire unit out and let it hang down towards the gearstick. But dont let it hang too long or over stretch it as you will pull on or more of the cables resulting in the selectors not fully engaging and an angry gf !
    So nothing on the back needs to be d/c before pulling the whole unit out? Why does mine feel so tight? feels like I'm already stretching something when pulling on it... Only managed to get it about 5cms out before giving up, haven't tried again yet...
    ALLIGATORS GOT A GATE