Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    Quote Originally Posted by WarrenM View Post
    My you guys are so precious about your CU2s! My next door neighbour loves his new VW and good luck to him! I don't find myself looking at his car each morning, but have noticed him looking at mine (maybe my Modulo sports kit has something to do with that).

The CU2 is a great car. I only know the luxury model. It has some faults, not the least of which is its power to weight ratio. As for build quality, it is the best-built car I've ever owned, better than my recently traded Mazda 6 Luxury Sports by some margin. It's drive and handling is great, once you get over the fact that it is too heavy for its engine. I would get into my Mazda and get a bit of a thrill each time I drove - a real driver's car - but a bugger in traffic. I drive my Euro and feel like I'm being caressed by my car - I have not had that in any other car I've driven, including Mercs and BMWs (not mine I'm happy to say). There is something intrinsically right about how the Euro treats you as its driver.

On the other hand, its sound system is appalling! Even the crappy sound system that I put in my first ever car about 30 years ago was better! Seriously. I think Honda marketing deserves to be bashed around the head for not insisting that they set the luxury audio level at least near (if not above) the Bose system that was in the Mazda 6 Lux Sport of 8 years ago! Do they really expect people to go on long rides being tormented by gritty treble-heavy, bass-light pseudo-music? For some, the difference between the Mazda 6 music system and the Accord Euro sound system is a deal maker/deal breaker. I've owned my Euro for 3 glorious weeks of driving. After the first few days of trying to listen to CDs and FM, I've temporarily resigned myself to talk-back radio! My nights have been spent working out how I can replace the bad parts of the sound system and turn it into a great music system. I should not have to do that!
    Warren, all I am saying is that when comparing cars you need to compare those from the same category / size. In the case of the Euro it's main competitors are the Mazda 6 & Liberty as they are the best 3 in their category & are all of a very similar size.

It is a known fact that the 6 is a better drive as a city car, but when you stir the Euro along it leaves the 6 behind. get it in the sweet spot from 4000 to 6500 rpm. Honda engines have always produced their best at higher RPM's.

As for the sound system I can't comment as i have only used mine 2 or 3 times in over 2 years of ownership.

At the moment I am considering updating to the facelift model when it arrives or alternatively Fitting the Modulo kit, legalis exhaust & wheels to my current car. If I go the later route it is dead money that can never be recovered, so I have some serious thinking to do over the next few months.

Member Array
    Car:
    EuroLux09Modulo
    Quote Originally Posted by buddah51au View Post
    Warren, all I am saying is that when comparing cars you need to compare those from the same category / size. In the case of the Euro it's main competitors are the Mazda 6 & Liberty as they are the best 3 in their category & are all of a very similar size.

It is a known fact that the 6 is a better drive as a city car, but when you stir the Euro along it leaves the 6 behind. get it in the sweet spot from 4000 to 6500 rpm. Honda engines have always produced their best at higher RPM's.
    I'm yet to do any flat out driving in the Euro. It's not going to happen until I have a real music system to revel in.

At the moment I am considering updating to the facelift model when it arrives or alternatively Fitting the Modulo kit, legalis exhaust & wheels to my current car. If I go the later route it is dead money that can never be recovered, so I have some serious thinking to do over the next few months.
    I would never have paid for the Modulo kit! I bought 2nd hand, and all the status accessories, which the crazy guy before me had put into the car, played almost no part in my decision or in the price I demanded from the dealer. Now that I have them, I've fallen for them and I'm really glad he was such a sucker for the pretty after-sales girl who got him to buy all that stuff! Shame she couldn't get him to buy the extended warranty which is the one thing I wanted that the car didn't have. In the Euro, factory extended warranties are probably a waste of money, but I still remember fondly the Toyota warranty I paid for, which saved me about $5000 in the fourth year and $12000 in the fifth, replacing two automatic transmissions and the entire electrical system!

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2010 model
    Warran, you can get extended warranty from Honda now as well, it cost 700 or 800 something. I got extended warranty from honda when i bought my car. Only difference you get extended warranty from the beginning and after your 3yr warranty finish is, you get free roadside assistance when you buy the warranty with the car and when you purchase the extended warranty now, you wouldn't get roadside assistance.

Member Array
    Car:
    EuroLux09Modulo
    Quote Originally Posted by praja6 View Post
    Warran, you can get extended warranty from Honda now as well, it cost 700 or 800 something. I got extended warranty from honda when i bought my car. Only difference you get extended warranty from the beginning and after your 3yr warranty finish is, you get free roadside assistance when you buy the warranty with the car and when you purchase the extended warranty now, you wouldn't get roadside assistance.
    Thanks. Yes I actually paid for it when I bought the car.

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 CRV Luxury
    My you guys are so precious about your CU2s! My next door neighbour loves his new VW and good luck to him! I don't find myself looking at his car each morning, but have noticed him looking at mine (maybe my Modulo sports kit has something to do with that).
    lol...then shakes his head as you turn away...lol.

Sorry, but imo, the less clutter on a car the purer it is to its design.
    SPQR
    The first ever Whiteline RSB pattern for CL9 Euro.
    The world first ever after market RSB for RE4 CRV.

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 CRV Luxury
    I would never have paid for the Modulo kit! ...In the Euro, factory extended warranties are probably a waste of money...

Worth having: I got my money back when the extended warranty paid for a new steering wheel and 4 shock absorbers.

BTW, I like the facelift. It makes the front look sharper; so sharp the cars in front should fear it coming lest they get cut up on the sharp edges!
    Last edited by SPQR; 21-03-2011 at 11:10 PM.
    SPQR
    The first ever Whiteline RSB pattern for CL9 Euro.
    The world first ever after market RSB for RE4 CRV.

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    I personally dont like the Modula kit,maked the Euro look fussy and messy,and maybee a bit more bloated too ???

It looks best as it came from the factory...

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    As for the Eiro/Jetta debate,I have owned both.

Although the Jetta is smaller,its very well designed,as its boot is bigger and more usable than the Euros,and rear seat legroom is better .

As far as build qiality goes,I started a thread,as had a lot of initial disapointments with the Euro,but I must say,that the way the Euro goes,and the enjoyment in driving it,it is absorlutely superb,expecially the quiteness and smootheness.

Member Array
    Car:
    EuroLux09Modulo
    Quote Originally Posted by antony View Post
    I personally dont like the Modula kit,maked the Euro look fussy and messy,and maybee a bit more bloated too ???

It looks best as it came from the factory...
    Curious isn't it. It isn't elegant at all. Very angular and a bit cartoon-like. But it is an angular statement which I've discovered that I really like. Go figure!

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CU2
    It looks alot better than the current CU2, thank god they changed that ridiculous grill.
    But in looks wise, I still think the Accord V6 looks more prestigious and expensiver, whilst the CU2 has that sporty edge to it.

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    Its really funny,I hate the look of the normal Accord,I would never have one ,it looks like an old mans car,and in comparison,A Camry looks sporty and stunning...

On the other hand,which other medium sized sedan looks as good as the Euro ???

No other in the world IMHO,thats why I bought the Euro,and every other on the road,from 2003-2011 makes me look at it twice,and I always think ...What a stunning looking car.

Sporty,classicly styled,and ageless.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by antony View Post
    Its really funny,I hate the look of the normal Accord,I would never have one ,it looks like an old mans car,and in comparison,A Camry looks sporty and stunning...

On the other hand,which other medium sized sedan looks as good as the Euro ???

No other in the world IMHO,thats why I bought the Euro,and every other on the road,from 2003-2011 makes me look at it twice,and I always think ...What a stunning looking car.

Sporty,classicly styled,and ageless.
    New Jetta looks good. And do remember in the rest of the world the euro is the same price as the Audis, BMWs, Mercedes etc.