Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

B18c power diffrence on ek

hey all just a quick question. ive got a ek with a b16a2, im looking for a b18c7
    engine swap. how much power diffrence would i gain?

Member Array
    Car:
    CP2 / EG5
    b18c7 = 141 kw, b16a2 = 118kw

141 - 118 = ?

Was it really that hard?

Even though as mentioned 118kw to 141 is a big difference. The power and torque before vtec engagement is actuallu really much better on the b18c7.
    The engine will feel faster and torquier too. If you got the cash. Go for it.
    ***For sale***
    1992 EG Si Sedan with B18c7 and LSD 4.7 final drive.
    Cusco Coil overs , DEFI Heads up Display,VTI interior trim, Mugen front lip, Air con and power steering
    $8600 ono

Member Array
    Car:
    ek4
    How Much will the engine plus conversion roughly cost?

thanks drgtr i got a half cut coming from japan which cost me 5000.

Member Array
    Car:
    '96 EK9 Replica
    Halfcuts going for $5000-$5500 for 4stud DC2R halfcut and between $6000-$6500 for 5stud variant

imo sell your ek and buy dc2r so dont waste your money because you can feel the power difference by doing this way

Ive personally done an upgrade in my civic vti-r from b16a2 to b18c7 and the difference is alot greater. Alot more torque for sure. Plenty of potential.

You wont regret this upgrade for sure.
    - Its not what you drive. Its what drives you.

Chuck $5000 in a DC2R for ultimate weapon...

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1>DC2R+CL9
    Good on ya mate, i rekon you should build it up.. see how good it goes, yer you can spend that money on a dc2r... but, there's no real fun in it, well imo id want to build it with your half cut, because when its done, you can say you made it like that rather then the motor just came with the car.. well thats how i like to think lol, but you got a good idea love to see how it goes
    JDM is Best

Quote Originally Posted by AlexK View Post
    Good on ya mate, i rekon you should build it up.. see how good it goes, yer you can spend that money on a dc2r... but, there's no real fun in it, well imo id want to build it with your half cut, because when its done, you can say you made it like that rather then the motor just came with the car.. well thats how i like to think lol, but you got a good idea love to see how it goes
    +1. At the end of they day, you can say that YOU built it.
    - Its not what you drive. Its what drives you.

thanks all yea i prefer to do it my self rather than having a dc2.
    i have just made payment for the half cut this morning so shouldnt be long before its in.
    im going to refresh the motor before i drop it in just in case.
    ill let you guys no how it goes