Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Thanks for your input guys. Really appreciate it

Spewing today... So I started up my car this avo... first destination to JDMyard to pick up my new leads and sparkplugs...
    Sounding like a rex, but a stock charade would have eaten me alive...

Get to JDMYard, sounded like the car was about to pass out... if you've never seen a grown man cry, that was your chace...
    So I get my leads and plugs from Yonas (thanks dude) get to my car and started it up... started up and idled like there was no issues... im sitting in there going wtf is wrong with you!!!

Got to my mates place to change the leads/plugs.. pull out the old leads, all brown and manky... plug 1, was running rich and the ceramic was burnt to the 5hit house, plus! it wasnt even bolted in tight, the other 3 were a little lean or just normal wear and tear

So I've changed it all (iridium plugs and bosch oem replacements) and took it for a drive, no rough idling, vtec came on and car went like an absolute animal.. (up to 70km/h of course)

but the real test (and I will update this) is tomorrow morning when it all settles down again just like last night till this morning...
    Last edited by Dc_II; 21-03-2011 at 08:21 PM.

good to hear. fingers crossed thats the end of it for you - always nice when the simplest, first explanation is the right one!

doesnt seem to happen often enough

Plug 1 wasn't running rich, was most likely were your misfire was. Rich and misfiring two very different things.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Possibly...
    So this morning, Started it up, no rough idling, no hesitation (apart from it being a stock B16a)...

Ill let it settle for a few days before I completely rule it out... but so far so good!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    eg5
    i had the same problem wit water in the spark plugs, but i caused it, i washed my engine 2 make i nice n clean nut i think it eas bout 2 -3 weeks later drivin home from campbelltown, started it n runnin rought n had the rext sound, knew straight away it was a mis but couldnt do anything since no workshops r open on a sunday, drove home n pulled off the leads n saw water. the next day when 2 a work shop n used compressed air 2 blow out the spark plugs, leads n the dizzy. this did th trick but still had a slight hesitation when accelerating but i was hopin the heat from engine would get rid of the moisture that were in the leads, i was very lucky n it did n now it drives fine wit no problems, well that is wat happens 2 me anyway that's my 2 cent worth
    Last edited by cya_eg; 22-03-2011 at 08:16 AM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Member Array
    Car:
    Go Kart
    Inspect/Replace the dizzy dude, he probably didnt cover it up before he hosed it.

Why do people give their engine bays a wash? Isnt degreaser enough?
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    I checked out the dizzy cap and it seemed Ok...
    Cars running operational at the moment so im happy with that.

Im just contemplating whether to replace the whole dizzy unit period to save me the head ache...
    $330 + exhange from Honbits... *sighs*

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    eg5
    Quote Originally Posted by flipfire View Post
    Inspect/Replace the dizzy dude, he probably didnt cover it up before he hosed it.

Why do people give their engine bays a wash? Isnt degreaser enough?
    u need water 2 wash off the degreaser and since most degreaser r flammable u dont want a fire in ur engine bay
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Member Array
    Car:
    Go Kart
    ? The solvent and propellant should be the only thing flammable. After it evaporates in a few minutes and whatever it leaves behind shouldnt be flammable. Anyway I would still wipe it instead of washing.
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    I've only ever used brake cleaner to clean minor parts of the motor...
    it evaporates almost immediately and cleans up really well.

It is expensive but worth its weight in gold!!!
    however, I never spray the dizzy or any electrical components if it can be avoided.

my secret for nice hoses = tyre shine, spray it on a rag, and start wiping the hoses...

*rep me if you think thats worthy, hehehehehehe

but anyhoo, I think its going off topic a little bit... I think theres a handful of people who have learnt from hosing a motor down and will not be doing it again...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Day 2 of plug and lead change,

still running well =)

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    95 JDM civic siR
    if it still continues it maybe the map sensor