Member Array
    Car:
    99 vtir prelude

Red face Ghost in my car or maybe just electrical prob o_O" please help!!!

I have a 99 Prelude Vtir and 2 weeks ago I jumped in my car and closed the door then I heard the locks making a 'locking noise' twice then the door locks actually flicked shut the third time. I didn't really take any notice but when I tried to open my windows they didn't work so I just drove home in frustration.

Next morning everything was normal though a few days later the same thing happened, but this time I opened up my door and tried opening the windows and they worked but as soon as I shut the door again, nothing.

So this has been going on and off for the past 2 weeks, some days nothing happens but the past few days its been happening more frequently and well now my window is stuck in half position and nothing is fixing it, door open or not.

This is only effecting my locks and window, though the locks can still be opened/ locked.

please help, I really can't afford a auto elect at this moment so if there is anything I can do myself that would be prefered ^_^ I was thinking maybe a pinched cable in the door? Could also be from rain?

Thanks heaps!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bludger View Post
    I reckon there should be a right lane, a middle lane, a left lane and a Nikki lane.....
    Quote Originally Posted by trism View Post
    look at its headlights.

if its pupils have gone massive, you know its pinging
    >_<"

likely the control unit in the drivers side door is wet from rain?! Or the actual lock actuators are wet/moist too and skipping....you need to get it checked out by someone sorry.

Member Array
    Car:
    99 vtir prelude
    damnit >_< hmm is there no way to like open up the door panel and spray it with like wd 40 or something?

Could you reccomend a auto elect at all? preferably one that will accept payment in the form of a freshly baked cake rather than cash lol ^_^

thanks for your reply!
    I reckon there should be a right lane, a middle lane, a left lane and a Nikki lane.....
    look at its headlights.

>_<"

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    i'm so tempted to say sandwich. sorry.

anyway watch this. If you can find a mate who's good with electrics then perhaps you could diagnose the problem with the door panel off? It might be obivious.. might not be.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Go Kart
    Maybe the power window plugs somehow got caught in the door actuator.

Pop the trim open and just have a quick look for any monkey business
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS

Member Array
    Car:
    99 vtir prelude
    lmfao SHAZAM! thats all there is to it, lmfao hey sick video thats really helpful when I remve the door panel thanks! (now i wont have to break any clips haha)

Well I took it to a auto elect and I only had minimal biglunch time to spare but he managed to at least get the window up for me, I have a friend that can probably help me tonight and have a look, but upon nspection while the panel was off there was nothing to show any monkeys in there so not sure what else it could be, its just strange how its effecting the locking as well as the window
    look at its headlights.

>_<"

Member Array
    Car:
    99 vtir prelude
    ok, so i still have this problem and i am determined to try everything i can posible before taking it to the auto elect as I'm on a tight budget atm..

I have noticed that the ignition doesnt need to be on for this to happen, so if the keys are in ignition, not turned or anything and the doors are closed after, then they do the locking thing again..

could this be someting to do with the imobilisor? i have a standard alarm though.. please if anyone can give advice it would be greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by dwn_boi; 04-04-2011 at 03:37 PM.
    look at its headlights.

>_<"

Member Array
    Car:
    99 vtir prelude
    lol PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE help =(

you guys used to be cool!
    look at its headlights.

>_<"