Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Quote Originally Posted by Indie View Post
    AUDM front looks better, in my opinion. It looks distinctly mid-nineties, yeah, but the JDM front looks distinctly early-nineties. Looks too much like a pre-facelift S14. Other would obviously disagree, but either way I think it would be hard to justify.

As for the black bonnet- don't. It makes your car look like a bloody toy, and draws unnecessary attention from the cops. It's just a typical ricer 'mod', providing no performance gain. Even CF bonnets should only be applied after other performance mods have also been carried out, otherwise you look like a wanker. Oh, you dropped thousands on your hood, instead of upgrading more important aspects of the vehicle. Great. And unless you're taking your car out on the track, it's just a waste anyway.

So yeah, keep it clean, and get it resprayed all the same colour.

Agreed lol! I said exactly this point to my mate the other day! AUDM front + Type R replica lip = win IMO.

As for black on red...to be honest it's pretty much common knowledge that black suits every colour. I think it will look good, but at the end of the day some people will be wondering if you wanted the panda look or if you just couldn't afford a CF hood.

If it's faded I'd just get it resprayed red again lol...

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    It'll also cost less to spray same colour than black, of course.

Glad it's not just me, Dougie. The AUDM front looks like a Celica, of course, but the Celica looks bulbous and cartoonish in comparison, like a character from Cars.

Member Array
    Car:
    370Z/DC5
    Just found this on carsales, should make your deicsion easy lol

Car sales add

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    That's vinyl-wrapped though, hey. Gloss paint will look quite different. The vinyl almost looks okay.

Member Array
    Car:
    370Z/DC5
    Quote Originally Posted by Indie View Post
    That's vinyl-wrapped though, hey. Gloss paint will look quite different. The vinyl almost looks okay.
    still gives a direct contrast in colour though, IMO it looks tacky

Member Array
    Car:
    97 integra
    i'd say stick with your red bonnet if you don't want any unwanted attention. I had a white dc2 with a black bonnet and i had so much unwanted attention. When i went back to a white bonnet i had no troubles at all.

Member Array
    if your dc2r is full stock with stock height and wheels etc, i reckon it will look bloody hideous.

i photoshopped my mr itr's bonnet black and it will only look right if you got black wheels and the car dumped to the ground.

but then it'll send a wrong message to people, i reckon just leave it, if you're turning it into a track car fair enough,otherwise youre just gonna get pointed and laughed at, not cool.

trust me on this i got an mr itr too =)
    naturally i finished my set.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY08 WRX G3
    u'll need to be low, black wheel and a black front lip to pull it off. and not the itr front lip. needs to be a big front lip.. like the mugen one

Member Array
    Car:
    INTEGRA TYPE R
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...NDEX-up*/page5

go to this page there is a pic of one.. make up your own mind dude... goodluck
    THERES NO CAR LIKE A TYPE R

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Gotta say, I much prefer the CF look on a white or silver car. Bright reds and yellows contrasted with black just looks extra tacky to me; okay for the track, but very out of place on the street.

Don't do it nathan man
    Looks better as it is compared to if it had a black bonnet IMO, if it's a temp fix, mis-matching panels ftw!