Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Member Array
    Car:
    CP2 / EG5
    Your stock EK1 rear lca will be able to fit swaybars on it.

Just gotta make sure you have all the right bolts and nuts.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK Si '98
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai View Post
    Your stock EK1 rear lca will be able to fit swaybars on it.

Just gotta make sure you have all the right bolts and nuts.
    Thanks Tai,

Yep exactly, need to have the right length bolts as well, but if it all comes in a kit should be ok

Puts Honda's $500+ EK4 rsb to shame that's for sure... from what I read ASR is a very reputable brand without the bling of Beaks.

I was even reading guys in the US have had Beaks sub frames tear out but no reports on ASR doing this.
    HONDAOEMMUGEN

JDM/Mugen inspired EK sedan build thread: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ss-pics/page34

I have spun several times in my old type r. 4 different tyres didnt help but yeah, stiff rsb will make any car lift off oversteer

Member Array
    Car:
    ek4
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvis View Post
    I was even reading guys in the US have had Beaks sub frames tear out but no reports on ASR doing this.
    Same here

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK Si '98
    Quote Originally Posted by vtecing View Post
    I have spun several times in my old type r. 4 different tyres didnt help but yeah, stiff rsb will make any car lift off oversteer
    jeepers - were you on the road or track?

And what was your setup in terms of sway bars f+r thickness, suspension, shocks, tyre size and strut bars?
    HONDAOEMMUGEN

JDM/Mugen inspired EK sedan build thread: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ss-pics/page34

jeepers - were you on the road or track?

And what was your setup in terms of sway bars f+r thickness, suspension, shocks, tyre size and strut bars?
    suspension was stock. Both times were from lift off oversteer. First time it happend I was vtecing hard up a steep hill and as it came to a crest it leveled out and turned at the same time and because my interior was stripped there was no weight in the back end so the chassis lifted as the weight shifted, it spun around on me 180 degrees and I paralel parked about 3 inches away from the gutter. My girlfriend was in the car I was over taking and she was horrified and the guy that was in my car thort it was awesome and wanted to do it again... Funily enough just moments ago he was asking if we had hit vtec yet and I told him, you will know when we hit vtec lolz.

Second time It happend was when I was taking a guy for a test drive as he was interested in purchasing the car. He thort it was cool, his dad did not. I suspect it happend on this occasion because of tyre shine and the tyre rolled under the rim enough for the silicone to come in contact with the tarmac.

Lift off oversteer can be dangerous and scary if your not expecting it, but once you learn how to balance a car and drive smoothly it is a rare occurance unless invoked intentionally.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK Si '98
    wow - thanks for sharing your experiences vtecing, sounds like it can bite you in the arse if you're not careful... did he end up buying the car lol?

What thickness rsb were you running - and did you have a fsb as well?
    HONDAOEMMUGEN

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    beaks isnt a true subframe ive seen pictures of beaks tear out, not pretty, the only true subframes are ASR and Function 7, both been proven to work, Whiteline im not so sure, as it doesnt have the back plate support like the asr or function7, but prove me wrong...
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

wow - thanks for sharing your experiences vtecing, sounds like it can bite you in the arse if you're not careful... did he end up buying the car lol?

What thickness rsb were you running - and did you have a fsb as well?
    Sussy was stock, so 22mm rsb. Dc2r has a beefed up rear subframe with 3 extra braces in the rear alone (all factory eqipment). The asr is actually mimicing the rear subframe of a dc2r

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK Si '98
    Just reviving this thread.

If you guys need parts check out this site. All you need to do is set yourself up with a US shipping address.

According to Honda in Wollongong (don't know if anyone else can confirm), but parts are no longer available for the EK4/EM1 rsb except the self-locking nuts, everything else came up on the computer as no longer available when searching the Australian parts database. And the US prices on this site are around 3 times cheaper, compared to what Honda would charge you, if they could get the parts.

For complete rsb setup, including the bar, it cost about $300 delivered to my door. And it's all OEM/ brand new.

I'm sure there are other parts on there too...

http://www.hondapartscheap.com/parts...rear-lower-arm
    HONDAOEMMUGEN

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK Si '98
    Brand new EM1 rear sway bar (bought from the US) finally installed!

The first two things I noticed after my test drive given the existing suspension/chassis mods are:

1. Front end is much more sharp and pointed in the corners eliminating the vagueness that it used to have

2. The more uneven or bumpy the road, the more feedback you get through the car so a little more bumpy - not sure if pitching is the right word

3. Handling in incredibly neutral which was my goal - no under or oversteer when pushing through the few corners I had a chance to - for a 4 door sedan it feels like a go-cart

4. Extremely happy with the result!

HONDAOEMMUGEN