Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    How come this thread hasn't been closed yet? I mean, some mod saw fit to lock my thread asking the same question about DC2/DC4/DC2R fuel consumption, and it was closed.

I don't see why this thread should be closed, and of course I don't actually believe that it should be, but it just seems like entirely stupid double-standards.

Maybe I'll just PM my question to every member of the forum, as posting threads seems to be against the rules.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5s
    Quote Originally Posted by alexai.dc5-s View Post
    Hello Guys,

Just wondering how many k's you get on a full tank of 98 octane premium unleaded fuel on your type s. My average is around 400k's (stock motor) and I have a mate who gets 500-600ks (full catback exhaust and headers) how does that work?

Can someone please help??

thanks.
    Your fuel economy is normal, 10-12L/100Km is the norm for a stock type s.
    The general consensus with adding an aftermarket header on the stock map is, it increases your air-flow, thus leaning you out a bit, resulting in an increase in fuel economy.

You can get some sort of ECU management to tune it back, which can only be healthy for your motor in the long run. Or you can brag about it like this bloke;

Quote Originally Posted by .k. View Post
    i beat you all! 650km to a full tank in my dc5r with intake header and exhaust. but i baby my car <3 shift under 3k ftwwwww. this is all city driving too woo
    Quote Originally Posted by Indie View Post
    How come this thread hasn't been closed yet? I mean, some mod saw fit to lock my thread asking the same question about DC2/DC4/DC2R fuel consumption, and it was closed.

I don't see why this thread should be closed, and of course I don't actually believe that it should be, but it just seems like entirely stupid double-standards.

Maybe I'll just PM my question to every member of the forum, as posting threads seems to be against the rules.
    Welcome to Ozhonda
    Last edited by TypeS; 28-03-2011 at 10:41 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type S
    I get about 430Km's (400km if I'm feeling angry for the week lol) and when I fill up it only takes about 40 litres. So 10 litres left. Never seen the light come on yet since i've bought it.

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S2000
    400km was the norm with my type s aswell.
    Even my s2000 is about the same.

dont know how these ppl manage over 5-600km..
    lol

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    I havnt filled a tank i my car for 6 months.. How big is our tank? 50L yeh?

My car is serviced very regularly! Im even consideringchanging
    Fuel
    Filter when i get my
    Licence back

Hey man,
    I drive a dc5, have Intake, headers + cat, catback and a KPRO tuned...
    still get 550km on average.
    However it is a Type R, not too sure if there is a difference. And my car is tuned, hence I dont drive like a grandma too much. a like to hear vtec at 5000rpm

Member Array
    Suzuka Circuit "Spoon corner", Fuji Speedway "100R Corner"
    Car:
    DC2R & R32 GT-R
    A friend claims he can get 717km using bp ultimate out of near-stock DC5S (pod filter mod only), with hard compound tyre pressure weekly monitored at 38-40psi, urban daily driving shifting at +/- 3000rpm. It sounds unbelievable but might be plausible since riding with him 5 days straight to and from work with reading of 668km (on his "trip A" odometer) and still had around 1/8th left on the fuel gauge

***EDIT**** may i add, he also puts his gear to neutral to let it roll most times approaching within 50m of traffic/traffic lights and in some occasion jumps gear from 1 to 3 to 5 & 6
    Last edited by EVLGTR; 13-04-2011 at 04:01 PM.
    "Stock Car, Modified Driver"

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    EVLGTR your friend sounds like a tight ass making such effort to save petrol lol

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    True that, i've also heard that you hsouldnt skip gears etc, even if you blip it. you should always cycle through all the gears. So in the shrot run he may be saving money in petty, but a rebuild of a gearbox will be costly

Member Array
    Car:
    5th Gen Prelude
    Quote Originally Posted by EVLGTR View Post
    A friend claims he can get 717km using bp ultimate out of near-stock DC5S (pod filter mod only), with hard compound tyre pressure weekly monitored at 38-40psi, urban daily driving shifting at +/- 3000rpm. It sounds unbelievable but might be plausible since riding with him 5 days straight to and from work with reading of 668km (on his "trip A" odometer) and still had around 1/8th left on the fuel gauge

***EDIT**** may i add, he also puts his gear to neutral to let it roll most times approaching within 50m of traffic/traffic lights and in some occasion jumps gear from 1 to 3 to 5 & 6
    He probably uses the whole tank of fuel whereas most people here only use down to the light, which differs between cars/models.
    Also, he is not saving petrol by putting in neutral. If you stay in gear with your foot off the throttle you use zero petrol. I will be in 5th, blip to 4th, blip to 3rd, blip to 2nd before coming to a stop. The whole time im in gear im using zero fuel. I use a bit by blipping but probably less than idleing would as he slows down.

I get 8.5L/100kms on average (some above, some below) all in the city.

95% of people in this thread need to get with the times. If you want to know your economy then do it properly. None of this XXXkms per tank rubbish. How much you filled up at the tank in Litres divided by how many hundred k's you travelled on it.

55L for 550kms is 55L/5.5 hundred kms = 10 L/100kms

Quote Originally Posted by gumus89 View Post
    He probably uses the whole tank of fuel whereas most people here only use down to the light, which differs between cars/models.
    Also, he is not saving petrol by putting in neutral. If you stay in gear with your foot off the throttle you use zero petrol. I will be in 5th, blip to 4th, blip to 3rd, blip to 2nd before coming to a stop. The whole time im in gear im using zero fuel. I use a bit by blipping but probably less than idleing would as he slows down.

I get 8.5L/100kms on average (some above, some below) all in the city.

95% of people in this thread need to get with the times. If you want to know your economy then do it properly. None of this XXXkms per tank rubbish. How much you filled up at the tank in Litres divided by how many hundred k's you travelled on it.

55L for 550kms is 55L/5.5 hundred kms = 10 L/100kms
    I don't even go down to the light? lol...
    I hit 1/4 of tank left and i re-fill...
    ^^ Now thats cheap, btw thats with 450km and 1/4 left, with exhaust and INJEN Cai and thats with regular VTEC, no tight ass here lol.

Wow you guys are crazy...

I'm lucky to reach 400kms from around 40L!