Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    hehe

Mugen twinloop too quiet

Hi there blokes, ive got a dc2r with genuine 4-1 mugen header and twinloop and its just too damn quiet! i pretty much sounds like the standard exhaust!

i was thinking of taking it to the exhaust shop and having them cut out the middle resonator and replacing it with straight pipe.

i dont want it buddyclub spec 2 loud but this should give me a slightly louder note?

i would love it to sound like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMVGz...1&feature=fvwp

hes got pretty much the same mods and but he removed the middle resonator.

the only thing holding me back is the fact that id be cutting up an expensive quality exhaust. i dunno,

use reckon its worth it just for a louder note?

Member Array
    Car:
    D15BSwappedEM1.
    dont cut the bpipe if its a mugen twinloop catback, like you said not worth cutting a expensive catback up.
    Have you got a JDM cat? If its still stock try replacing it with a Hi - Flow JDM cat maybe that will give a better sound because of more airflow?

My mate has a twinloop on his DC2R with a JDM Sard Cat or someshit and it sounds so BEAUTIFUL!
    Originally Posted by charliebrown
    And whoever said my gsi is overpriced... you got NO idea mate. GSis go for 13k+

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Replace resonator with straight through

Get 200cell hiflow cat

should sound simular
    無限 The Form is in the Function 無限
    teamGROUNDzero

its just a b pipe who cares if u cut it, the main thing is aslong as u got the mugen twin loop. if ur really pedantic, just get another bpipe instead of cutting ur one, should be around 60mm the mugen b-pipe (2.36"). most jdm branded bpipes are around that size.
    FS: BMW E60 04' 530i

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnY View Post
    what intake are you using?
    j's racing whale penis, loud as all fuk, maybe thats why i dont notice the exhaust? lol
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperJDM. View Post
    dont cut the bpipe if its a mugen twinloop catback, like you said not worth cutting a expensive catback up.
    Have you got a JDM cat? If its still stock try replacing it with a Hi - Flow JDM cat maybe that will give a better sound because of more airflow?

My mate has a twinloop on his DC2R with a JDM Sard Cat or someshit and it sounds so BEAUTIFUL!
    jdm dc2r cat
    Quote Originally Posted by DC2-PWR View Post
    Replace resonator with straight through

Get 200cell hiflow cat

should sound simular
    thats what im aiming for
    Quote Originally Posted by MWAKU View Post
    its just a b pipe who cares if u cut it, the main thing is aslong as u got the mugen twin loop. if ur really pedantic, just get another bpipe instead of cutting ur one, should be around 60mm the mugen b-pipe (2.36"). most jdm branded bpipes are around that size.
    oh really i thought they were 2 and a half inch? maybe i got it mixed up with buddyclub

thanks for the replies, if i do go through with it, i'll post a before and after sound clip for comparisons sake

Member Array
    Car:
    Eg Civic
    Jarryd you know you want the teg to sound like the EG
    "Wheels are like bosoms to men, and cars have four of them"

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r,evo1,evo2
    knock out your cat = loud

you can try that if you want loud but its highly illegal

Member Array
    Car:
    D15BSwappedEM1.
    isnt it a 10g fine if you have no cat? post up a vid on what your exhaust sounds like man, from what your telling us it shouldnt sound that soft?
    Originally Posted by charliebrown
    And whoever said my gsi is overpriced... you got NO idea mate. GSis go for 13k+

Member Array
    Car:
    Bangbus
    I had a Mugen Twinloop with a high-flow cat + T1R b-pipe (customised flanges to get rid of all bottlenecks) and it was loud as shit.

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO LUX
    twin loop was never made to be loud

if you want loud get another exhaust

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, R6
    I have Mugen 4-1 + twin loop and a good cat, great down low as it is quiet and does not attract attention.... in vtec my car has great sound.

Mine is definately louder than the youtube vid you posted. How loud do you want it?