Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Member Array
    Car:
    DMC-12
    ^ agree with string.. ES bushings are crap! i've tried it and regretted it! buy oem or mugen. better safe than sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by string View Post
    I recommend you do some research on that product before you buy it. The RTA bushing is complicated and needs to deform in more ways than simply rotating in one axis around the pin. It's easy to find anecdotal evidence that there is something funny about them.

I paid $104 for my OEM bushings. I wouldn't put ES bushings in the RTA even if they were free.
    dont need to by shy
    you can share the info with me
    =)
    which site/links/info you talkin bout which i need to research on?

I just don't want to make a rigid statement I don't know to be absolutely true. Over 6 years I've been reading Honda forums, I've seen these bushings discussed hundreds of times, and what I know to be true is that there is a correlation between installations of the ES RTA bushings and complaints of strange things happening to handling.

I suspect you'll be turned off them before half way down the first page in google for a search on "energy suspension rta binding" or similar.
    I have signatures turned off

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    $150, bs no one would bother wasting their time for $150 lol that would mean their rate is less than $40hr... is this at a house lol

My charge out is $250 minimum if people were to come to me

poly bushings are shit, there is no valid reason, other than a band-aide to use one, theyre not firm, they will not last and you'll be back on your back doing a time intensive exercise once again saying to yourself, why didn't I take the mechanical/petro guys advice...
    Last edited by EK1.6LCIV; 29-03-2011 at 07:21 PM.
    WTB: EK oem JDM Visors

I love J-Cups

Im was looking at purchasing SuperPro Polyurethane bushings for my DC5R to replace the whole shebang. But I take it they are of bad quality so I shouldnt buy them?
    Straight lines love fast cars. Hard corners love fast drivers.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    i use ES for all the light duty stuff in my car - but when it comes to important points like the RTA i will only use OEM/Mugen/Hardrace

im getting the lower end Hardrace product and installing it myself - save urself headaches and do the same thing as me =)
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Member Array
    Car:
    green whip!
    I'm personally rocking hardrace bushes all round, highly recommended
    way better than poly jobs

Member Array
    Car:
    Milano Red EM1, CU2 Euro
    had mine replaced just after I got the EM1. Deff a common thing as we have two other EKs in the family as well, one has new trailing arm bushings and the other one needs them. Honda charged me 300 thats including all labour and OEM bushings plus allignment
    Last edited by jks24; 31-03-2011 at 06:03 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    im doing it as an upgrade ... but how do u tell if it NEEDS doing?
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680