Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Had a 1990 ED Civic

Lightbulb Nissan N/A FWD owner issues challenge to Honduh N/A FWD owners

Just a brief warning for those of you who have not heard what us Nissan boys have been up to preparing for Jamboree in August 2011...

One VQ35DE along with 6 speed HLSD equipped manual gearbox

Yeah, it is a tight squeeze but definitely more room than a H22 converted Civic haha
    Wiring loom has since been tidied up a lot

Twin SR20DE throttle bodies on a new custom manifold(being finished tomorrow)

Nissan Murano 18" wheels and 350Z spec front brakes.

Yes, I am chasing a TEN SECOND ALL MOTOR PASS and the engine has the hardware to do it. Over 500Hp@crankshaft on E85 with perfectly spaced gear ratios for a 130+mph pass in 4th gear

Anyone willing to take on the challenge of a side by side 10 second All Motor pass?
    N14 Pulsar - VQ35 swap, Kelford C spec cams, 12.7:1CR, 6 speed HLSD, BC coilovers & 350Z 12.6" F brakes
    Smashed VY SS Ute: Teins, AP Racing brakes, Billet wheels, lazy 481rwKw TT kit - PICS

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9-N/A DC2-S/C
    i think thats an awsome build you got there. i just wish i could find a manual tranny in oz for a J35 series and i'd do one to my DA9. but heard you cant, and gotta order a tranny from the states. i'll see your 10 sec's and raise you a high 13 sec's? doubble or nothing?
    touge is my style, F@CK your style!

Member Array
    Car:
    eg sedan
    Last edited by d15z1SUX; 26-03-2011 at 12:59 AM.

nice work!!!!!

keep the updates coming............!!!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    holly fuk, ultimate sleeper

would love to see this in action, post vids when you get a chance!

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    would like to see this pull your claimed time , but unless its not your first time out to the track with this setup, its kinda just guess work really
    putting power to the ground especially fwd is not easy and will take a lot of fine tuning.

Member Array
    Car:
    Had a 1990 ED Civic
    Thanks for all the positive comments

Quote Originally Posted by Touge Tom View Post
    i think thats an awsome build you got there. i just wish i could find a manual tranny in oz for a J35 series and i'd do one to my DA9. but heard you cant, and gotta order a tranny from the states. i'll see your 10 sec's and raise you a high 13 sec's? doubble or nothing?
    The 6 speed manual is not available in Australia(Oz got lumped with CVT autos in the Maxima)... I imported the engine and gearbox from a 2005 Altima SE-R, then sourced the HLSD(Helical LSD) and front brakes from the USA as well.

So far, the whole conversion owes me less than a K20 swap

Quote Originally Posted by GSi_PSi View Post
    would like to see this pull your claimed time , but unless its not your first time out to the track with this setup, its kinda just guess work really
    putting power to the ground especially fwd is not easy and will take a lot of fine tuning.
    Near stock VQ35 swaps in the USA(and PR) are pulling high 11's and low 12's in B15 Sentra shells on street tyres. I am aiming for a 10 in full street trim(including seats/trim/sunroof/spare wheel and stereo)
    N14 Pulsar - VQ35 swap, Kelford C spec cams, 12.7:1CR, 6 speed HLSD, BC coilovers & 350Z 12.6" F brakes
    Smashed VY SS Ute: Teins, AP Racing brakes, Billet wheels, lazy 481rwKw TT kit - PICS

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    this thing will absolutely hammer if you can get the power to the ground successfully. the vq35 in maximas, muranos, 350zs go hard as.

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

I would say that motor puts a lot more weight over the front wheels than a honda motor does.

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    would that help with traction? because of the extra weight the front end cant lift up as much?

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

I would think it would help a lot.

I'm just a nobody though. Anyone with experience could tell us the correct answer?

Member Array
    Car:
    Had a 1990 ED Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by Bludger View Post
    I would say that motor puts a lot more weight over the front wheels than a honda motor does.
    VQ35 weighs as much as an SR20DET... dead weight of around 150Kg and since a lot more of that weight is above the front axle line, it handles better than a standard SSS anyway