Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    b18c2+T Ej8
    I found the problem not cranking, because the loom is for automatic car. starting wires goes to the console so the car should be in Parking or Neutral to start. I rewired the 2 wires to gather. Now what other wires should i rewire from automatic to manual loom ??
    thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by hmetro24 View Post
    I found the problem not cranking, because the loom is for automatic car. starting wires goes to the console so the car should be in Parking or Neutral to start. I rewired the 2 wires to gather. Now what other wires should i rewire from automatic to manual loom ??
    thanks again
    OH! Good job man! Maybe shouldve started off with that

Re-wiring, ask Peter aka jdmb16a. He is the man when it comes to this. I purchased a vti loom and ecu off him which both used to be for auto only (My car is atm is manual). He did some mods to it but I don't exactly know what wires he did..

ROKAGESAMA Array
    Car:
    2009 Lexus ISF
    U just. Need to keep the wires constantly looped
    Team Bacchus Racing Lexus ISF
    Bacchus Energy drink
    Drive your Energy

Member Array
    Car:
    b18c2+T Ej8
    I used the clutch interlock. so i wired the red/black to one wire, and the black white to the 2nd wire and pluged it to clutch interlock. so i have to press the clutch to the the car.
    Engine starts and idle but here are the problems I have with electric.
    power windows not working
    door interlock not working
    mirrors not working
    cluster is not showing rpm not even speed.
    indicators are not working but lights low high beam is working
    cd player is working.
    so I do know where to start from any ideas.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic VTi
    I used the clutch interlock. so i wired the red/black to one wire, and the black white to the 2nd wire and pluged it to clutch interlock. so i have to press the clutch to the the car.
    You have the first part correct. To fool the car (which was once an auto) to start you have to tell it that it is in PARK. To do this you loop the two large wires. The black (Earth) and the green/white (Neutral) are joined together. You don't need the clutch interlock as that was an American safety feature required because of several court cases where drivers sued because they were able to start the car and crash it whilst drunk, and then blamed the car manufacturers. So they are required to depress the clutch pedal before being allowed to switch the car's ignition "ON". For us, we can just short out those two large wires, the BLK/RED and the BLK/WHT. The only two other wires you need to be concerned with are the backup light wires, which you run from the gearbox. These are the YELLOW and GREEN/BLACK. Now when you put the car in reverse the rear lights will come on.

power windows not working
    door interlock not working
    mirrors not working
    indicators are not working but lights low high beam is working
    These are all on the one plug that is joined at the door jamb. Use a multimeter set to "Continuity" to check that all those wires actively go to where they should.

cluster is not showing rpm not even speed.
    First check the blue wire on one of the two large cluster connectors. Trace it for continuity to the shock tower where it picks up RPM from the engine bay. Also, are you using an electronic VSS (Vehicle Speed Sensor) plugged into the gearbox. There are three wires (I think) that go to the ECU and send a speed signal to the cluster as well. Or it could be your cluster is not getting power (12V+). Do any of the lights on the cluster work?

Hope this helps you out a little. It's so hard to be precise with wiring issues. But I feel your pain.

Good luck,

Peter
    Last edited by jdm_b16a; 11-06-2011 at 08:11 PM.
    Still here. Still kickin'

Member Array
    Car:
    b18c2+T Ej8
    The clutch interlock is very useful for me, because i always start the car and forget that its on gear :|.

Cluster is getting light but i should check the fuses again for gauges. also The car was 4 door sedan and mine is hatch so i cut the back door wires.
    there is a black wire under dash that should be plugged some where seems to be ground, but i see no where to plug it :|.
    Thanks will check tomorrow

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Sedan
    hmmm I personally wouldn't be using the clutch interlock switch to join those wires. I don't think it will be long till the switch burns out because of the current that is running through it.

you'll notice that most wires that have anything to do with ignition or the starter motor are a thicker gauge wire.

either join them directly as Peter mentioned above or wire a heavy duty (atleast 60amp) relay from the clutch interlock switch. Jaycar sell them for about $9 from memory. You can see looking at factory wiring diagrams with a clutch switch make use of a relay

Moderator Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic VTi
    Quote Originally Posted by markismaximus View Post
    You'll notice that most wires that have anything to do with ignition or the starter motor are a thicker gauge wire.

either join them directly as Peter mentioned above or wire a heavy duty (atleast 60amp) relay from the clutch interlock switch. Jaycar sell them for about $9 from memory. You can see looking at factory wiring diagrams with a clutch switch make use of a relay
    Look at this photo. See the two large gauge wires.

You have to use same gauge wires or as Mark says, you will short out very soon due to inability of lesser gauge wires to conduct. That's why I just soldered them together. The other alternative, as Mark also says, is to use a relay but that is a lot of work when none is required. I believe in not making it harder than you have to!

FYI: the two bottom wires are reverse switch on gearbox. Black and GRN/WHT is PARK setting - these two wires also need to be joined together. Don't worry about the PINK - that's cruise control.

Peter
    Last edited by jdm_b16a; 11-06-2011 at 08:17 PM.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic VTi
    The car was 4 door sedan and mine is hatch so i cut the back door wires.
    Hmm, that is not good. Where do these cut wires go? In all the Hondas I've worked on, the wiring is interconnected, especially the EARTHs. By just cutting off the plug you destroy the loop. I'd be looking at that area as part of your problem.

There is a black wire under dash that should be plugged some where seems to be ground, but i see no where to plug it :|.
    Thanks will check tomorrow
    There is one black Earth wire under the dash (part of the dash wiring) and it should have a spade connector on it. It plugs onto the metal bracket behind the cluster. Look for a spade connection or if you can't see it (its not that easy to find especially when the dash is already in) just cut of the connector, put a ring terminal on it and screw it to some bare metal.

Peter

Member Array
    Car:
    b18c2+T Ej8
    Yes that's right, i will check the wires again and check if i cut any grounds or any other wires. For reverse light I just have to wire the 2 wires together and that's it ?
    I though wiring gonna be the easy job, but seems the worst one but that's good for me .

Moderator Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic VTi
    For reverse light I just have to wire the 2 wires together and that's it ?
    I though wiring gonna be the easy job, but seems the worst one but that's good for me .
    No, those two wires go to join the two wires off the plug on the gearbox.

Wiring is NEVER easy. It's time consuming and extremely frustrating at times, even with a FSM.

Peter

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by jdm_b16a View Post
    No, those two wires go to join the two wires off the plug on the gearbox.

Wiring is NEVER easy. It's time consuming and extremely frustrating at times, even with a FSM.

Peter
    I lol'ed a little when I read this

Couldn't agree more, wiring is the biggest PITA job