Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    b18c2+T Ej8
    Since both cars ( 92 gl and 92 si) are obd1 do i need change cable on the car or just the engine loom. from ecu to the engine bay.

you have to change it.

Member Array
    Car:
    b18c2+T Ej8
    What parts will work from Eh9 94 sedan with d16y1, will loom work.
    Also from honda concerto with d16z2, If i take rear brakes from concerto + prop valve and brakebooster from eh9. is that fine
    what about fuel tank from concerto will it fit ?
    So you mean if i am going from Carb to injection i have to rewire the whole car ? thats gonna be a big job
    I do not wanna start buy and than they would nt fit
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hmetro24 View Post
    What parts will work from Eh9 94 sedan with d16y1, will loom work.
    Also from honda concerto with d16z2, If i take rear brakes from concerto + prop valve and brakebooster from eh9. is that fine
    what about fuel tank from concerto will it fit ?
    So you mean if i am going from Carb to injection i have to rewire the whole car ? thats gonna be a big job
    I do not wanna start buy and than they would nt fit
    Thanks
    Most parts off the EH9 will work, wirings, rear disc brakes, prop valves, motor, mounts, a/c, p/s are all interchangeable.
    Yea it is a big job, you have to take out your dash to get to the major wirings.

Best you buy a EG/EH wreck thats already an EFI and swap it over. You can also use the fuel tank off the sedan

Member Array
    Car:
    b18c2+T Ej8
    perfect mate, i found 94 eh9 in the wrecker i will take everything from it, getting parts for cheap. already took the prop valves, will take brakebooster. will take fuel tank and fuel pump. but somebody took 1 side front rear brakes, and left the second side(I dunno why but stupid). I will update after i get the rest parts.
    Also a question rewiring only for the dash or also for the back light revers light , windows ....

Also a question rewiring only for the dash or also for the back light revers light , windows ....
    that wirings are for the shock tower > ecu > heater> ac> brake light (switch on pedal)> fuse box and few plugs to connect to driver side shock tower and rear harness.

Windows and that should come with it, just make sure when you get the wirings, make sure NOTHING IS CUT.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Stick to Y1 as said, for the OBD1, as if u were u go for Y8, u need the conversion harness, anther 200, which isnt to much when u think about it, since ur goin for a much newer engine, y8 is 1997-1998 only, and the kms would be much lower, average Y8 kms are 150000kms - 180000kms
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    b18c2+T Ej8
    Quote Originally Posted by mugen_ctr View Post
    Stick to Y1 as said, for the OBD1, as if u were u go for Y8, u need the conversion harness, anther 200, which isnt to much when u think about it, since ur goin for a much newer engine, y8 is 1997-1998 only, and the kms would be much lower, average Y8 kms are 150000kms - 180000kms
    I am going to put d16a8 from 92 SI not y8 , into d15b4 dual carb

I am going to put d16a8 from 92 SI not y8 , into d15b4 dual carb
    I think the timing belt side engine mount is different.

But good luck anyway

Member Array
    Car:
    b18c2+T Ej8
    Just before i get the ecu loom tmr. The eh9 is sohc with vtec but the engine i got is dohc non vetec, so is it allright to use the sohc wiring on dohc ??
    Thanks

Just before i get the ecu loom tmr. The eh9 is sohc with vtec but the engine i got is dohc non vetec, so is it allright to use the sohc wiring on dohc ??
    Thanks
    Yeah man, EH9 wiring harness can also be used on B18c2/7, b16a/2, d16y1, d16a, d15b7

Member Array
    Car:
    b18c2+T Ej8
    All the fuel tanks in this wrecker are drilled to take fuel out. is it worth to weld the hole. or better to get undrilled tank.
    If yes any idea how much to weld the hole cost.