Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    b18c2+T Ej8
    Quote Originally Posted by jdmEG5 View Post
    Dont worry bout adding/cutting wires coz you're running twin cam motor.
    What do you mean by adding cutting, so its like plug and play, and thats should work fine
    Also Do i need fuses Box from Engine bay or just under steering wheel. Or both
    SRS cables did bring since the car has no Airbag.

Quote Originally Posted by hmetro24 View Post
    What do you mean by adding cutting, so its like plug and play, and thats should work fine
    Also Do i need fuses Box from Engine bay or just under steering wheel. Or both
    SRS cables did bring since the car has no Airbag.
    Yeah it'll be plug and play..

underdash fuse box, engine bay fuse box should be the same whether its from carby or efi.

Just take off the srs cable..

Member Array
    Car:
    b18c2+T Ej8
    Where to buy Bearing for transmission drive shaft bearing ? what you reckon is the price?

Member Array
    Car:
    b18c2+T Ej8
    Having a problem. the sump plug( engine drain bolt) is spinning not getting tight . another bolt same problem. does that mean i should change the sump. can i use one from different engine (d15b4)
    Also the AC is not lining up with the engine. does all D series ( sohc and dohc) parts are interchangeable ?

If sump plugs are treaded, use shitloads plumbing tape around the treads.. That's what I do at work and works like a treat!

A/C - I suggest you get the AC condensor/compressor/hoses and dry lines from the car that you took the motor from. From experience, NOT all D series a/c compressors are the same..

Btw, in regards to my previous post (fusebox), I would like to add that It was a mistake, you must have efi fuseboxes. Both engine bay and underdash

Member Array
    Car:
    b18c2+T Ej8
    Quote Originally Posted by jdmEG5 View Post
    If sump plugs are treaded, use shitloads plumbing tape around the treads.. That's what I do at work and works like a treat!

A/C - I suggest you get the AC condensor/compressor/hoses and dry lines from the car that you took the motor from. From experience, NOT all D series a/c compressors are the same..

Btw, in regards to my previous post (fusebox), I would like to add that It was a mistake, you must have efi fuseboxes. Both engine bay and underdash
    1st is easy fix,
    2nd will try again tmr, working alone on car, its pain in the ass.I was using my legs to higher the engine crane.
    Fuesbox you told me that i need both fuesboxes, so i have both.

cheers mate
    Last edited by hmetro24; 20-05-2011 at 06:28 PM.

Yeah the fuseboxes must be from an EFi eg civic.

Member Array
    Car:
    b18c2+T Ej8
    Problem: the driver drive shaft seems to get **** up. from the gearbox side ( its like free in there) . Can i fix the ball joint ( I am not sure if they call it like that). or i need another one.
    If i am not wrong driver drive shaft are same in driver side for all D series but passenger side is different. fix me if wrong.

Upload some pics of the driveshafts.

Yeah driver drivershaft are shorter than passanger side. All D series driveshafts should fit. If you're thinking about getting it replaced, get driveshafts from an EG, ed/ef might have different lengths, I'm not too sure.

Are you using your old gearbox from the d15b4 or from the Si?

Member Array
    Car:
    b18c2+T Ej8
    What I have done so far, i changed the ISB from Si gearbox (since everything look good inside , gears bearing ). I took the rubber thing from the Drive shaft cleaned it, put new grease and fit it back with zip tie.
    Drive shaft is good again.

Member Array
    Car:
    b18c2+T Ej8
    having a problem again: I installed shift linkage. but i can not shift to 2nd 4th and reverse, 1st 3rd and 5th goes perfect. I went under car and the shift linkage bushes is like moving. could that be the problem or something is wrong with gearbox. :|

Moderator Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic VTi
    Quote Originally Posted by hmetro24 View Post
    having a problem again: I installed shift linkage. but i can not shift to 2nd 4th and reverse, 1st 3rd and 5th goes perfect. I went under car and the shift linkage bushes is like moving. could that be the problem or something is wrong with gearbox. :|
    I had the same problem. Check the rubber collar on the end of the shaft (where it goes onto the pin - deleting it will fix the problem, or you have installed it wrong way 'round. Try reversing it - if that doesn't work then just delete it.

Peter
    Still here. Still kickin'