Hi Guys,

I had my new 2006 Honda Accord Euro Luxury for about 3 months now..it was in immac condition, 1 owner with 43,000kms on it and factory warranty until August this year. I've recently had the transmission serviced (oil changed with genuine honda atf) because I felt the auto wasnt behaving as it should and hoped this might help correct things. One of the issues is that the car seems to change down gears randomly in situations I feel it shouldnt. For example yesterday I was descending down the hill toward the mooney mooney bridge on the F3 freeway and it changed down a gear into
3rd with my foot not even on the accelerator. Also it will often change down gears through normal street driving from 3rd to 2nd when I havent put my foot down to accelerate considerably. Is this normal behaviour or should I be concerned? This is my first automatic car and first honda. I want to resolve all potential issues before my warranty runs out. I realise the ECU sets shift points but not sure if any potential internal transmission malfunction or damage may cause such symptoms...any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards
Pete