Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC2

Unhappy What to do? I have been deliberately hit by a UTE...Please Help!

Hi Guys,
    One proud S2000 here that is severely heartbroken and distressed...
    So today I was driving to VicRoads via Alexander Pde/Eastern Fwy for work and a driver of a black ute decided to deliberately run me off because I merged into his lane late... He intentionally sped up and tried to avoid letting me in, but I managed to squeeze through...

Afterwards...

He honked the hell out of me and then went to overtake me from the lane beside me and merged into me, deliberately that struck the front right fender of my s2k. At that point, I was in complete shock, he kept driving until he was stopped by traffic and a set of red lights. I don't know if he knew he hit me but he looked like he wanted to run for it. I caught up to him, got off the car and try to tell him to exchange details. He did not respond, not until I started taking out my phone making calls.

So we did the usual thing, exchange details of both driver.

Now the whole day I have been trying to get this guy to call his insurance company to report the incident so I could get my car repaired. He is insured with RACV and I am insured third party + fire & theft. So automatically I knew my insurance company will not do anything to support me. And his insurance company won't help me for obvious reasons.

Therefore, I tried to negotiate with him explaining to him through SMS's and phone calls that he needs to report the incident to his insurer, he was deliberately hanging up the phone and ignoring the SMS's. He then made one reply saying that if I think I have a claim, do it through my insurance or directly to his and do not bother him, anymore direct contact with the driver at this point will be treated as harassment...

Sorry for the long story, but some guy has hit me who does not care about reporting it and I can't get my car fixed. I can't speak to him and I have no insurance people to sort this out. I am wondering if someone can give me some advice on what I should do?

I have spoken to his and mine insurer about this, and they cannot help. My own insurer has filed this report and I have reported this to a police constable.
    I was suggested by the officer to obtain 3 car quotes and write a letter of demand to his insurer (RACV) and then to the driver. If that gets ignored, then I have a case.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    Do you have a firearms license?

Member Array
    Car:
    nuggetR
    Quote Originally Posted by VeYzZii View Post
    Do you have a firearms license?
    violence solves nothing LOL jkz DO IT

it will be ignored and you will have a case

i think for the mean time do what the police officer told you to do and stick with what they say because i dont think itll be untill your taking the driver to court that he will actually call his insurance company...

Member Array
    Car:
    honda s2000
    I was suggested by the officer to obtain 3 car quotes and write a letter of demand to his insurer (RACV) and then to the driver. If that gets ignored, then I have a case.
    do exactly that, get a case, take it to court and in front of a judge explain the same thing you have on here and you should win and he will be obliged to pay etc. ALSO make sure when you do take this to court that you argue you want the insurance companies mechanic or your mechanic to fix it, and NOT HIS! if hes this shady who knows what else he would do if you put the car in his hands. good luck let us know how you go!

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Just do everything that you can if you think it is worth the hassle.

The other lesson is comprehensive cover. I don't know ppl skim on insurance.
    CS6A - ER34 (1) - ER34 (2) - DC5R - AP1 - ?

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    agreed man, 3rd party on a s2000? what da heo.

But anyway, you can still report it to your insurance, because 3rd party still covers accidents that's not your fault they can still chase up his insurance for you.
    FYS

My fake shit rocks!
    Winton 1:35.4
    Wakefield 1:07.87

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EM1 , AP1
    I don't understand why people cant invest in insurance. It's the best "mod" u can get for your S.

Member Array
    Car:
    ex s2000
    would it help to get today tonite or a current affair ?That will help to provide pressure ,a shame file and stop these bad attitudes on the road as its getting out of hand.Though comprehensive insurance is expensive,its worth every penny in these days and age.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    if u dont have a panel beatter to take care of it for u,
    pm me and i'll sort it out for ya

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    Quote Originally Posted by tay113 View Post
    would it help to get today tonite or a current affair ?That will help to provide pressure ,a shame file and stop these bad attitudes on the road as its getting out of hand.Though comprehensive insurance is expensive,its worth every penny in these days and age.
    Please no.. aca will probally turn it on you for hooning or someshit ROFL
    FYS

My fake shit rocks!
    Winton 1:35.4
    Wakefield 1:07.87

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Thanks for all the prompt reply guys...

Yeah I knew I should got that comprehensive. I am with just-car insurance, being just 24 yo it costs a fortune for comprehensive. I bought the car this year that is why I am a little short on cash, so I've tried getting second to best cover. Regardless, just-car has said they are not doing anything to chase it up for me, although I had one operator telling me they will do a letter of demand for me, I called back the second time and they said they won't.

So I am going to get three quotes today, then get the letter of demand going... I am not sure if I should be sending this in yet, as the incident just happened yesterday, does anyone know how many letter of demand I should send before I could take him to court? I had a person from just-car telling me I need to send one each time, wait two weeks, if no response then send another, a total of 3 before I could take this guy to small claims court?

I know this guy isn't going to make the call to his insurance until an organisation or the cops calls him about the situation since he only had a light scuff mark on his chrome bumper...

Member Array
    Car:
    ex s2000
    Have no fear if you honestly have not done anything wrong.I am sure you will be alright given the among of support from the ozhonda members.