Member Array
    Car:
    Honda eg civic

3rd gear miss! help please!

hey guys, im kinda new to this so im sorry if i posted this in the wrong section ..... but hear goes.

OK so i have an eg 3dr hatch back and its got a b18cR [b18c7] motor in it, dc2R gear box and a few mods such as [ Headers / Intake / and i think its got some sort of brass button clutch witch makes it kinda hard to ride in the clutch ] etc.

i don't know if my ECU has been re mapped or flashed because vtec kicks in at 6000 not 4500 and redlines at 9000 instead of 8200.

anyway hears my Delmar when im driving normaly [i.e changing gears between 3000 - 4500] gear change is smooth and enjoyable........ BUT!! when im changing gears between [ 8000 - 9000 ] going from 2nd - 3rd gear 90% of the time i hear a crunch ! , some times it wont make any noise and feels fantastic but most times it crunches ! , now i have tryed different techniques i.e change from 2nd to 3rd closer to 1st gear, then tryed closer to 5th gear , and obviouslt the striaght forward 3 gear. the only way for me to minimize the risk of a crunch or shaveing sound is by slowly change from 2nd to 3rd........ but then agian it depicts the point of keeping in vtec -_-

i dont know whats making it crunch or shave sound but its realllllllllllllyyyy anoying! it feels like my gear box is going to shit its self!

please someone help me!!!!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    wrong section big time

Member Array
    Car:
    eg5
    Firstly b18c7 motor/type r motor, vtec kicks in at 5.8k and revs out to 9k this is normal.
    The motor your talking about that revs out to 8.2k and has 4.5k vtec engagement is a b18c2 which is from an integra vtir

Your third gear problem is because the synchros inside the gearbox are stuffed and need to be replaced.
    Search for dc2 synchros to find out more info as there are many threads relating to your problem

You can get a mechanic to replace them for you but labours gonna cost you big

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Of all the forums, you picked the absolute wrong one. Don't know if it's just laziness but next time post in the right section, that's the least that you can do.
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq