Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6131415161718 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9 EuroLux07
    Quote Originally Posted by rayd17 View Post
    I hope it stops the squeaky steering wheel might get them to check that since it's a part of steering components ... What happened to quality ?
    I got mine fixed and it definately removed the squeaky steering wheel

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    well i finally booked in for this Friday.....def have to raise the car like high as....they said it was going on the hoist but they're just replacing the hose? oh and the want my car for the full day....LOL
    Spose its better to get it over and done with....hahaha

Member Array
    Car:
    05 EURO CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by TRaNz View Post
    well i finally booked in for this Friday.....def have to raise the car like high as....they said it was going on the hoist but they're just replacing the hose? oh and the want my car for the full day....LOL
    Spose its better to get it over and done with....hahaha
    full day?? damn i only had to wait a couple of hours..must be busy
    OH WERD?!!

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    yeah full day, but im sure they were done with it early....LOL.

Job was done fine and they topped up the PS fluid.
    Only bad thing that i wasnt happy with, was that they washed my car.....swirls galore.... =[

heres 2 pics of the new hose with the extra outer tube for extra protection as im told. hahaha....cable tie sesh too.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Cable tie... Lol OEM ghetto ftw.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 Accord Euro Luxury
    Damn, the recall papers have been on my desk for about 6 months and I have ignored them.
    The hose just blew this weekend making a decent mess at the back of ther engine and smoking up the exhaust.
    Booked in on wednesday now for the repair.

Member Array
    Car:
    '06 Euro Std 5A
    How many k's on your car snowcone? And what is your driving style? Just out of interest - I didn't realise this problem had actually affected anyone.
    '06 Accord Euro Std
    Stock standard =|

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by chuboy View Post
    How many k's on your car snowcone? And what is your driving style? Just out of interest - I didn't realise this problem had actually affected anyone.
    Any CL9 Euro that is driven daily should have this recall done. It is one of those that will eventually happen. It may not happen now if you don't drive often but in the long run when you hit that magic temperature cycle and the tube is fatigued beyond the point of failure, it blows. Just like what happened to Snowcone.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    '06 Euro Std 5A
    I've had mine done already, I was just interested as I didn't know of anyone whose hose had actually failed.
    '06 Accord Euro Std
    Stock standard =|

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 Accord Euro Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by chuboy View Post
    The missus mainly drives it but I think it has just clocked up 100,000
    Interestingly the dealer didn't have the hose in stock hence having to wait a couple of days for the repair.
    Should be back on the road tomorrow.
    I was slack and just thought it was a random thing that wasn't going to really happen and Honda were just covering their arse, but it let go at what looks like a join or fitting on top of the valve cover and the oil has nowhere else to go except down the back of the motor onto the exhaust

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 Accord Euro Luxury
    Car is done and very happy with the service from Macquarie Honda at Gateshead (Newcastle)
    They texted me to confirm the booking and then texted me to say the car was done
    They cleaned the entire engine bay and the engine looks like new again

Steering pump moaning disturbance started over a season ago, perhaps even when the car was still in manufacturer's guarantee last season. Over the last few weeks the disturbance has been occasionally more powerful, and the steering becomes slow especially at low rates of speed.

Last edited by ckit1477; 03-12-2011 at 11:01 PM.