Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EURO
    call one of the dealer today try to make appointment for the replacement but the earlier available day will be 2 months after

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO
    anyone know do they have deadline to do that replacement??

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    No deadline but it recommended you report to Honda ASAP
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

they are trying to get me to change the fluid whilst I am at it, but will not cover the costs.

I've done 65k, to my knowledge I have yet to change the fluid, but why would I change it now assuming it's part of the recommended service items.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    04' EURO LUX
    Quote Originally Posted by civicVI View Post
    call one of the dealer today try to make appointment for the replacement but the earlier available day will be 2 months after
    try yarra honda, located on hoddle street, abbotsford. i called them and they booked in an appointment the following week. ive booked three appointments with them, but had to cancel the first two cos i was busy. and they were all within the following week.

Quote Originally Posted by power_of_dreams View Post
    they are trying to get me to change the fluid whilst I am at it, but will not cover the costs.

I've done 65k, to my knowledge I have yet to change the fluid, but why would I change it now assuming it's part of the recommended service items.
    anybody?

if you changed fluid how much did they charge and what servo?

cheers

Had mine done today so just thought I'd share my experience with you folks. Had mine done at Westside Honda(Hoppers Crossing Vic). Was done in 1.5 hour. The team there were great and really helpful. Didnt have to pay anything additional. If you live out on the western side of Melbourne I'd highly recommend taking yours to them though they are quite busy and you may not get an appointment for a month.

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro CL9 2003
    Getting my pipe changed at Honda Trivett in Parramatta right now

Hi guys,

I'm getting my power steering hose replaced at a Honda dealer right now - and as I was due for minor service (I had the 80K major service done just 6 months/5K ago), I decided to get that done while it was in there.

They've just called and said that while they will change the hose for free (they said it was normally $1000, a bit more than I've seen in previous posts here?!?), they need to drain and replace the power steering fluid as it has become dis-coloured, and quoted me $140 for this as it was not covered by the recall, which at the time I agreed to.

Does this sound right - given that I had a major service only 5K ago? Is it possible the dis-colouration is due to a faulty hose??

On top of this I was told that I should get new wipers ($65 - I've heard other people get wipers replaced for free) and a fuel injection cleaning ($115)

Does it sound liked I'm being fleeced?? Should any of these have been covered under the recent major service?

The dealer I went to has been rated highly here so I'd be disappointed if they are taking advantage of me.

Member Array
    Car:
    '06 Euro Std 5A
    Strangely I had a similar issue. The recall was done by Southside Honda with no further comment, however less than 5000kms or so later I took the car in for a 90K service and I was told that the power steering fluid was 'burnt and discoloured'. I had already requested a heap of extra work and these mechanics are pretty honest so I don't think they were trying to scam extra money out of me... in fact they called me mid-service to recommend changing it ASAP. Although, the flush and replace was only $65 for me, using genuine fluids too...

It seems odd that Southside Honda wouldn't have tried to upsell me the new fluid since they did the recall for free and even odder that after the hose change the fluid has suddenly become completely wrecked. The mechanic said the only way it could have happened would have been over a long period of time (Southside should have noticed too) or if the fluid was running low, which he said was unlikely given that he could find no leaks.

Unless the new hose contains contaminants from the manufacturing process that are ruining the power steering fluid. The plot thickens... /speculation
    '06 Accord Euro Std
    Stock standard =|

Member Array
    Car:
    2 legs
    had mine done 2 weeks ago at Peter Warren Warrick farm, great service. they told me i must change the ps fluid though i argued saying that its the original hose that affected the ps fluid so they changed the PS fluid at no extra cost.

Member Array
    Car:
    04 Euro Lux
    had mine done and they must've drained the fluid cause i started noticing a whining noise a couple of days later. found out it was the power steering pump being damaged. pricks!
    do i have a case against them? this is peter roberts honda toowoomba
    Mods: Pioneer Double DIN GPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Buddyclub N+ Spec, Topspeed Headers, Skunk2 Catback Exhaust