Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Jesus go easy on the double posts mate. If you had paid attention to Tranz's pot you would've noticed he's from MELBOURNE...
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Still haven't received any letter from Honda.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 Accord Euro
    So I ring up my local dealer, Eastern Honda, to get the recall done on my 05 Euro.

Would you like to get it serviced? "No thanks, just the recall repair"

Just to let you know that there is a 99.99% chance that your power steering fluid will require changing and that is not included in the recall service and will cost you $140.

To me this is not correct. It sounds like a bit of income recovery.

Rang Honda Customer Relations to query this and apparently they have no control on what the service centres do and suggested I ring others.

Still need to wait a week, so I might as well ring around. Anyone else experience this?

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 Accord Euro Luxury
    No way will I be paying for any fluid that they lose during the hose replacement.
    It is impossible to change the hose without losing any fluid and both the Dealer and Honda know this and will have budgeted this into their costings of the recall.
    Don't let any dealer pull the wool over your eyes with this one.
    Check the level yourself before you give them the car to be sure it is full to start with.
    It is up to them whether they capture the old fluid and reuse it or replace it with new fluid, but it is not your cost either way and you can threaten to take further action with your State's statutary body over the matter.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 Accord Euro
    Yes totally agree with you Snowcone.

I gave my next closest Honda service (Courtney & Patterson) a call and they definitely said there is no charge involved, even for fluid.

Member Array
    Car:
    '04 CL9 Luxury
    I bought a second hand car a few months back, how do i know if the hose has been replaced by the this recall?

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by HuyT View Post
    I bought a second hand car a few months back, how do i know if the hose has been replaced by the this recall?
    Look at the ps hose, does it have a rubber sleeve and cable ties? Or just the hose itself, failing that, call hoda with your vin number
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    For a visual picture refer to page 5 of this thread and look for post #67, you will notice the sleeve is held in place by cable ties.

Member Array
    Car:
    '04 CL9 Luxury
    yay thanks, looks the same as post #67. so does that mean the rubber sleeve was added on only? not along with a new hose?

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    yay thanks, looks the same as post #67. so does that mean the rubber sleeve was added on only? not along with a new hose?
    If they dis the sleeve then they did the hose... I hope

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    They should have replaced the hose also, as the recall was done recently you generally will be able to tell where the metal connector is bolted to the power steering pump. That metal connector will be a lot shiner than the power steering pump. Also refer to post #67 you can see it in the picture.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9 & EK4
    also there will be a sticker with 5HH in between RHF door and body,that means p/s hose been done.
    like this
    Last edited by max9907.0422; 14-09-2011 at 08:57 PM.