Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 71415161718 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro Luxury 6MT
    Just had mine done a few days ago, took a couple of hours and the mod was done, it now looks exactly the same as TRaNz, cable ties and all.

Gave them special instructions NOT to wash my car...

- HZ

Quote Originally Posted by shmivic View Post
    Damn straight it slow to get here, Honda recalled the TSX over in USA nearly 18 months ago.
    Honda has put out a recognition of around 167,000 Acura TSX sedans to fix a energy guiding line and o-ring gasket which could decline ahead of time. Earlier technology (2004-2008) versions are affected by the issue, which requires the line breaking due to high under hood heat creating the energy guiding substance dripping, getting in touch with the fatigue elements and possibly creating fumes or a fire.

just a review of the recalls before of the Acura Parts..
    Last edited by ckit1477; 10-12-2011 at 03:02 PM.

I got a third letter from Honda (registered post this time) saying that it's the final time they will be contacting me about the recall. So, I've finally decided to book it in. The dealer told me that I've also got an outstanding headlight recall that they'll do at the same time, not bad service for an 8 year old car.

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO
    Quote Originally Posted by seanneko View Post
    I got a third letter from Honda (registered post this time) saying that it's the final time they will be contacting me about the recall. So, I've finally decided to book it in. The dealer told me that I've also got an outstanding headlight recall that they'll do at the same time, not bad service for an 8 year old car.
    may i ask when is the headlight recall?
    becasue my headlight have problem

Member Array
    Car:
    32 GTR, CL9 Lux
    I've called Honda about my recall as I've just purchased a Lux euro 3 months ago. They told me that it's been done by the previous owner. However i cant shake the feeling that somethings up with my car. When the car's Idleing, if i turn the steering wheel a little, i can hear a very low tractor sound coming from the motor (excuse my noobness). And lately when i've been getting out of the car, there's a bit of a bad smell coming from underneath the driver side? Any ideas what these symptoms could be?
    - 98' Prelude (Sold)
    - 01' RX7 S8 (Sold)
    - 99' JDM S15 (Sold)
    - 93' GTR R32
    - 07' CL9 Lux

Just booked in my power steering hose to be done with Honda dealer at Warwick farm, spoke to a man name Mick and he seems very helpful. He even mention that there's a head light clip service that would be done in the same day too.

Member Array
    Car:
    na2 typeR
    Quote Originally Posted by 5tH SiN View Post
    I've called Honda about my recall as I've just purchased a Lux euro 3 months ago. They told me that it's been done by the previous owner. However i cant shake the feeling that somethings up with my car. When the car's Idleing, if i turn the steering wheel a little, i can hear a very low tractor sound coming from the motor (excuse my noobness). And lately when i've been getting out of the car, there's a bit of a bad smell coming from underneath the driver side? Any ideas what these symptoms could be?
    This is exactly what's happening with mine, 05 Lux.

I noticed some smoke aswell as the smell. It's the power steering hose (i think) that goes over the engine, it's leaking fluid onto the exhaust which smokes it up. The leak is visible.

I'll have to call Honda and ask them if mine is available for recall, otherwise i'll get my mechanic to have a look.

How do you check if the power steering hose has been done?
    I am looking to buy a car and was unsure if it has been done or not and it doesn't appear in the service manual..
    Are there also any other recalls I should be aware of or would I be best off calling my local honda dealer?
    It is a 2004 Honda Accord Euro Luxury ..VIN Starts with JHMCL96804C2

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Eu
    There should be an extra outer tube for protection. Originally didnt have it. Just see the previous page, you will understand.

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 CRV Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowcone View Post
    I was slack and just thought it was a random thing that wasn't going to really happen and Honda were just covering their arse...
    Recalls are issued for safety reasons in Australia. The system relies on owners to have them done to their cars. Think of the poor sod who is looking to buy one second hand and not knowing if all recalls have been done.
    SPQR
    The first ever Whiteline RSB pattern for CL9 Euro.
    The world first ever after market RSB for RE4 CRV.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 06
    Is there an easy way to determine if my recently purchased 2006 Accord Euro (Luxury) has had this done? If not, i'm not sure where I can get it done as the nearest Honda dealer a good few hours away. Is it critical that I get this done? Cheers.

If you actually just call your local honda service center and ask to have the car done under recall. They'll ask for your VIN# and that's how they know if yours has been done or not.